What's in your...

OMG!!! That thing looks dangerous!!!! Nope, nope....don't do snakes well at all!

They are dangerous, and what makes them worse is they will often lay on their backs and play dead. It's a defense mechanism they resort to since they not very confrontational snakes (as opposed to black mambas). And people tend to make the mistake of picking it up thinking it's safe and then it strikes.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
They are dangerous, and what makes them worse is they will often lay on their backs and play dead. It's a defense mechanism they resort to since they not very confrontational snakes (as opposed to black mambas). And people tend to make the mistake of picking it up thinking it's safe and then it strikes.
I don't care if it played dead....I wouldn't go near that thing dead or alive! :eek:

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
Yea, I see that from the other pics on here :). But the other plots around me also maintain neat lawns and such (still looks nothing like that in the states). But we kept the maintenance down to attract wildlife so now we have rabbits, hares, meerkats, and a million guinea fowl on our plot due to the lack of disturbance. But a down side is the snakes we attract as well lol. This is one of them that got in the house in 2013 called a rinkhals:

Holy!!!! I will take my killer squirrels over that thing any day! :eek:

Vibe I love your garden. Very fun to see a diff part of the world. You will have to share more pics of your country.

That snake is HUGE!! Looks like a boa. How did you get him out? That's a good close up pic

IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG
This is a tree I'm my moms yard. It's stunningly beautiful. Can't remember what it's called.

Reactions: Paintman
Vibe I love your garden. Very fun to see a diff part of the world. You will have to share more pics of your country.

That snake is HUGE!! Looks like a boa. How did you get him out? That's a good close up pic

Thanks, I'll take more pics and scan some this weekend and post them :). But when it comes to SA you need to visit it to really appreciate what a quirky country it is compared to the rest of the world lol :seenoevil:. That snake was apparently not fully grown yet, but yea if there wasn't glass between me and the snake I wouldn't be that close to get a picture lol. It was actually funny, we were able to close the snake up in that room and we were trying to find someone who could catch it. So we phoned the local pharmacist (because he knows everyone in the area) and asked if he knew someone who could help. His response was, "No, but I have flutes for sale if that helps" :D. But anyway we found someone to take it away I have the video recording of it somewhere.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
How did you get him out?

I found the vid of the snake being removed :). If you look closely, as the guy puts the snake in the container it spits at him. Btw, that's also the room where the loud whistling sound came from the other morning that I spoke about in my last update on the haunting.

Attachments

• VID-20130125-00031.mp4
    3.7 MB · Views: 154