What's in a name?

Sounds a little bit too tranquil - like a euthanasia clinic.

Maybe one based on the area would be better for the actual site name to keep it more open to the general public. I like that.

I hadn't thought about the increase in the insurance issues. For the site I would like to keep it just at public liability level, but this may be mitigated a bit if a wavier is signed as part of the site terms and conditions. Obviously we would cover serious neglect of our own duties, but if a person deliberately sought to injure themselves like climbing trees then there is not much we can do.
Keeping the site and charity separate would be worthwhile form an insurance point of view. Costs would be borne by the charity for any people sent there, and would be treated as a venue.

The charity name will likely hit like a thunderbolt and just be "right". It may just be a case of putting meaningful words in a hat and pulling them out. Thing like "space, time, escape, light, horizons, sky, fresh, field, care, thoughts, hope", or may be better to go abstract but may get lost in nonsense and need explaining.

"Blue Field " is available.

This seems like a similar group with similar aims - Green Light Trust but a slightly different direction and business model.

why not just use your last name followed by "Gardens"... for instance "Rowan Gardens", here in the states there are quite a few landscaped gardens that also have working fruit and vegetable areas as well as camping and hiking paths. this project would be similar, just managed a little differently as to the purpose...how big of an area are you planning? I would think you would need at least 50 acres with 3 to 5 ponds of at least 3 acres each and maybe one that is 10 acres or so, this would leave 25 acres of usable land for a camping area, large vegetable garden, flower gardens , small store/shop...an area for activities/workshops/learning etc.... with the proper landscaping and planning a bike path and hiking/walking path could meander through the grounds....the planning stage would be crucial in the development.... sounds like a good goal to work towards, wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: Rowan2222 and Lynne
I like that name. Camp serenity, tranquility camp has landed, a place for thoughts, a garden of understanding, back to basics
Rowan is also a plant, better known here as mountain ash, that is traditionally used to ward off evil spirits and such....kinda thought it would be fitting.....

Reactions: Lynne and Debi