What's changed?

Started with X-Files and the advent of privately owned PCs, followed relatively soon afterwards by the "reality" shows. About the same time, C2C hit it's stride thanks to the push from TV.

Reactions: RoseRed
I grew up in a family that had experiences, so it was a common thing to discuss around the table. I never cared much if people thought I was nuts for believing in the paranormal and I have never lacked for friends. I guess either they didn’t care or actually believed me lol. Art bell really brought this stuff to the forefront in my opinion. I so miss that great voice in the night. “Wanna take a ride”.

Reactions: RoseRed and Debi
I've always been fascinated by any kind of mystery, including the paranormal.

When I was at primary school I could always be found in our little library searching for one single book - it was a book on ghosts, of course! I remember being very frightened by a particular photograph of a "monk" with a strange, elongated skull-like face, on some stone stairs in a church. I think it's a very famous photo but it was both terrifying and fascinating to me.

The book also had tales of ghostly black dogs with burning red eyes. I became convinced that our school changing rooms were haunted with just such a beast!

At home, my parents had a book called "The World Atlas Of Mysteries" (possibly written by Arthur C. Clarke? Or he might have done the foreword... I can't remember). I was forever looking through its pages.

There were two things that terrified and fascinated me the most. The first was a huge monkey/ape type creature that was dead but then propped up under its chin with a stick and its photo taken. The second was spontaneous human combustion. I became scared to death that I was going to become a victim of "ball lightning" and couldn't understand why more people weren't talking about it! :smile:

For me, UFOs aren't really my main focus so I don't really talk about them much. But yes, I do feel there's a stigma involved in admitting you believe in something "other"... I'm not 100% sure, though, so I tell the truth and just say I'm undecided. It fascinates me and I love to discuss the subject with anyone who'll listen, but I'm careful who that might be and generally don't open up about my experiences unless someone else brings up the subject first.