What You Need to Know About The Emperor's Executive Move on Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was saying is that Reagan gave amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.
It was supposed to have been a one time only deal.

This was a joint operation with congress.
However I still feel that any rewarding of illegal immigrants is illegal regardless of congressional approval.
I agree. Rewarding lawbreakers is not only illegal it's just plain ridiculous. The message that sends to society is just do whatever you want and it doesn't matter if it's illegal - well, sort of like the current administration.

He needs to go back and watch "School House Rock" where it teaches kids how the government is supposed to work! Obviously, he missed this as a child.

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
I liked Reagan. He actually made an effort to be President, not emperor. And yeah, that was supposed to be a one time deal with that amnesty, and it was stated as such. For Obama to reference that is an attempt to deflect what he himself is doing. Reagan did do it jointly with congress, as is supposed to happen. Obama is deliberately changing law by fiat.

I just don't understand how it's ever a good thing to "reward" people for breaking a law. And that's exactly what he's doing and opening the flood gates at the border.
To me, Reagan was the last president that really made me feel like he had a reverence for the office of the president, and although he was Republican, truly had the best interests of the country in mind philosophically. All those sinse seemed to have more of a personal agenda, and not the good of the nation in their goals. I know my political leanings are no big secret obviously, but I think Clinton was the worst example of having reverence for the office (not including the current emperor). There are so many examples, especially the whole Lewinsky fiasco which sullied the office and was a disgrace to the country. I cannot see using descriptors of smug or arrogant for someone like Reagan, but to me, they perfectly described the actions of someone like Clinton. These are just examples, without going through all the other presidents.

Reactions: surge and Debi
YES! Those! Maybe if we break it down to it's simplest form he'll understand it.

Reactions: Seahunter
YES! Those! Maybe if we break it down to it's simplest form he'll understand it.
The thing that upsets me is the guy was a constitutional lawyer for crying out loud! He knows perfectly well how defiant and petulant he is being in violating the Constitution. :mad:

Uh oh, Roy needs to go to his happy place... :p

beach_zpsf9337241.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I've come to the conclusion that the classes for constitutional lawyers include many addressing all the loop holes that can be utilized. There's one class for what the law is and 20 for how to beat it.

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
I've come to the conclusion that the classes for constitutional lawyers include many addressing all the loop holes that can be utilized. There's one class for what the law is and 20 for how to beat it.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.