What were the best toys you ever got at Christmas?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
That title says it all. Remember leaving the cookies and milk for Santa? Waiting (in)patiently for bedtime so Christmas would just GET here? Tossing and turning until you wore yourself out and finally slept?

Then, lo and behold, the morning arrived and you begged your parents to get out of bed so the paper shredding could begin! What did you find there that made you scream for joy? What toys were the biggest and best hits?

51S2EYyqujL._SY300_.jpg

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I was very excited when I got this. MIne was the last model made in 1968. Straight out of the Sears catalog!

The 604 began life as the model 608 in 1959, changing over to the long-running 604 in '61, and ending up its last few months of availability as the 1204 in the late '60s.The low-priced guitar came complete with a braided cord for a strap (ouch!), instruction booklet and later included a record. A couple weeks' worth of grass-mowing, or a friendly aunt, uncle, grandfather or Santa was all that stood between you and 6-string stardom. Click over to page 2 for some interesting variations over the years, including the rare Kay-built version!

604_alone.png

My favorite Christmas presents ever were my Micronauts Battlecruiser, Giant Acroyer, Galactic Warrior, and Biotron. Yes I still have everyone of them, plus some others in the product line.

Reactions: Debi
My favorite Christmas presents ever were my Micronauts Battlecruiser, Giant Acroyer, Galactic Warrior, and Biotron. Yes I still have everyone of them, plus some others in the product line.
This and a Star Trek tree! :D

And Robotix... I still have mine, and sit down to play with them from time to time. It grows more difficult each year, not buying the re-issued sets to expand my collection.
I love the fact you still play with them! :)