Technology What was your first cell phone?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
12208448_1051556024906462_3633947517799765601_n.jpg

My first cell phone and cell phone service was something like #10. I believe that it had a pull out antenna and two lines of display. We got it to use in emergencies while traveling. We had 20 free minutes of calls each month. Not sure if we could text, we never did.

I remember wearing a pager for work ,before I had a cellphone.I think the first cell phone I had was similar to #13 on the chart above.From there to a razor phone. The most annoying phone I have ever heard was a car phone back in the 80's that one of the local builders had in their truck when it rang the horn in the truck would honk so that he could hear it when walking around the job site .Most of the time he wouldn't answer the darn thing.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I wore a pager 24/7 for 3 years straight. :eek: I was supervisor for a Home Health Agency. Wierdest call I ever got paged on was a woman on the beach mad her nurse's aide didn't show up. Explaining to her that it was the middle of a freakin' hurricane and she was in an evac zone did me no good with that lady!

Reactions: 7Critter
I had a #1, and it was still the best one I ever had. Maybe some scientific types can help me out. I always thought #1 worked so good because it had a bigger battery?
Debs, you are a braver gal than me.;)

Reactions: Debi
I had #9, the star-tac! beam me up Scotty! I had 2 different ones. the one with the LED display where you couldnt read the text it was trying to tell you, because it looked like my avatar! when you called someone the LED would say dIaLInG (the a was a backward 6)

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi