What was your adult 'be astonished like a kid moment'?

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
It's trivial but when I first went to Spain (that story will be in the upcoming 1st chapter of the book), we parked somewhere on the outskirts of the town we were heading for near some trees late and night and no light. Woke in the morning to be surrounded by real orange trees with ripe fruit ready for picking.

I had never seen such a thing before and having an orange with breakfast that I had picked myself put a wide grin on my face.

Reactions: Benway
My first trip to Carlsbad Caverns... I had always wanted to go and it was everything that I had hoped for. My Wife and Daughters made fun of me because I was so excited and running from place to place looking.

Reactions: Benway and TonyM
My first trip to Carlsbad Caverns... I had always wanted to go and it was everything that I had hoped for. My Wife and Daughters made fun of me because I was so excited and running from place to place looking.
You took my answer! lol The BATS. The bats were my "I'm a kid in awe" moment. Sat there with my mouth open just goin' Wow! over and over! lol

Reactions: Benway and TonyM
I adopted one of the bats at Carlsbad Caversns. His name is Horace... That entire experience was wonderful.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
It's trivial but when I first went to Spain (that story will be in the upcoming 1st chapter of the book), we parked somewhere on the outskirts of the town we were heading for near some trees late and night and no light. Woke in the morning to be surrounded by real orange trees with ripe fruit ready for picking.

I had never seen such a thing before and having an orange with breakfast that I had picked myself put a wide grin on my face.

When I first moved to Arizona I was driving past a shopping center surrounded by lovely orange trees, all loaded with full luscious looking fruit. Of course I pulled in a parking lot, grabbed an orange, peeled it back and and bit in to...

Arrrgh!

It was an ornamental orange tree - all show and no sweet - the tartest citrus I've ever tasted. I suspect that with out of state license plates one of the locals got a good laugh as I spit that thing right out. I like your story far better than mine.

Reactions: TonyM and Debi