What was the ah ha! moment realizing you were truly experiencing the paranormal?

I wonder if these early traumas open something and set our lives up for paranormal experiences ;th .
It's certainly possible. My parents were always fighting when we were young. They did not divorce, but the arguments hinted towards it. I love my father, but back then he was not the nicest man.

normal, paranormal.....depends on which side of the fence you stand.....lol.... what is paranormal to some is just normal to most here.....if you are "gifted" and you think of it as paranormal, or odd, or not normal you will put yourself in a box by trying to hide or fit in with "normal society"....to dampen down or reject a part of yourself that makes you "you"...( i know, not what the thread is leaning towards, but it is just THAT easy to fall into that mindset for some) so just throwing that out there for a minute......but, like most, my early years was probably the start and then the early teen years was the worst. until the understanding of what i was feeling was not myself but all the others around me...luckily, like others i had someone who understood and helped.

Well, I kind of had the reverse experience. As a child, I truly thought everyone could see and sense things as I did. I thought it was totally "normal"...until my dad explained otherwise.
I felt that way too, as a child. My family just took for granted that weird stuff happened now and then, and there was no reasonable explanation for any of it.

.if you are "gifted" and you think of it as paranormal, or odd, or not normal you will put yourself in a box by trying to hide or fit in with "normal society"....to dampen down or reject a part of yourself that makes you "you"
I think most want to be accepted by mainstream society, whatever that is. I think that's the problem, trying to fit in or hide from something that doesn't exist.

There were many moments, most of them happened in my early childhood, but I remember them as clearly as if they happened yesterday. I have shared about a lot of them, but one happened around the time when my parents were having a lot of difficulties.

The building we lived in had three floors, and our place was on the third floor. I was coming home from running an errand and had climbed the first two flights. I was about to start the next flight when something made me turn. There on the landing was a lady in what looked like old fashioned robes. I think I saw prayer beads, worn on a sort of sash around her waist. She had her head bowed, as if in prayer. Somehow I felt that I had been meant to see her. She looked like one of the pictures in my mother's book of saints. The image was slightly faded, but very clear.
That’s beautiful. Letting you know she was there for your family in a hard time.

This is a great thread and I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences. For myself there has been many things I’ve witnessed but I can’t say it was any personal psy abilities coming from myself. I just have been around other people who have the gifts. I would have to say the first crazy event happened at about 14 when I had poltergeist type things happen in my room. I had a cabinet shake by itself, things move etc.