What the Hell is that??

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
B9569AEE-7DF0-42B8-BD6E-F3DDD1A984AE.jpg

A friend sent me this photo asking about the kill mark circled in red. This appears to be a WWII German self-propelled gun (88mm?) of some type with kill marks on the splinter shield. The mark in question looks like a saucer shaped craft. I have no idea what it is supposed to represent.

Reactions: WhitneyKristina
Ummm.....I know of no other craft than a UFO that looks like that???

Reactions: Duke
That looks like an UFO lol. I thought alot about it, but I can't remember anything else out of german history. We learned alot about the last wars in our school here in Germany, but I never seen something like this.

Reactions: Duke
That looks like an UFO lol. I thought alot about it, but I can't remember anything else out of german history. We learned alot about the last wars in our school here in Germany, but I never seen something like this.

Yeah, I'm a military history/WWII guy and I'm totally at a loss. My best guess is the gun was on the Russian front considering the number of tank and bunker kills, but no clue what to make of the saucer shaped object.

I was hoping it was real.The idea about the machine gun nest was good,sort of ruined the whole thing for the ones who faked it.