What Star Trek TOS character.....

I think Khan was some kind of frozen conqueror that got defrosted and all hell broke loose
"
According to the backstory revealed in the episode, Khan is one of a group of genetically engineered superhumans, bred to be free of the usual human mental and physical limitations, who were removed from power after the Eugenics Wars of the 1990s.[2] Khan had been both the most successful conqueror and the most benign ruler of the group, ruling more than a quarter of the Earth's area across Asia to the Middle East from 1992 to 1996 with a firm but generally peaceful hand until he was deposed. While most of the supermen were killed or sentenced to death, Khan and 84 others escaped Earth by way of the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay. Botany Bay is discovered by the crew of the Starship Enterprise in 2267, with Khan and 72 of the 84 crew members of Botany Bay still alive, cryogenically frozen in suspended animation.

When Khan's sleep chamber malfunctions, he is transported to Enterprise, where he reawakens and learns he is in the 23rd century. "
I have watched all the Kahn story lines. My hubs is a huge Khan fan.

It disturbed the church
I actually can see why. Now, back then many of the sci fi storylines were bringing up questions. And the fact is, Roddenberry had it in his contract that no one would refer to religion in any way in the episodes.

Last edited:
Why does this not surprise me...lol

Love the Horta. My favorite episode.

And of course you WOULD know Klingon...lol

I actually can see why. Now, back then many of the sci fi storylines were bringing up questions. And the fact is, Roddenberry had it in his contract that no one would refer to religion in any way in the episodes.
I think I read that about Roddenberry..such an interesting guy and married to pretty-nurse-strange-hairdo-short skirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Roddenberry. I shall correct that. Meds on board and bit loopy tonight.

It’s well-known that Roddenberry was a staunch atheist with a very humanistic outlook. In his mind, casting off superstition and religion was necessary for humanity to truly advance as a species. As longtime Star Trek producer Brannon Braga put it:

This was an important part of Roddenberry’s mythology. He, himself, was a secular humanist and made it well-known to writers of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation that religion and superstition and mystical thinking were not to be part of his universe. On Roddenberry’s future Earth, everyone is an atheist.
Furthermore, the Star Trek universe is populated by numerous godlike beings (e.g., Metrons, Organians, Trelane, and of course, Q), but they’re never presented as true deities worthy of worship. Rather, they usually function as (imaginative) plot devices to prove the ingenuity, resourcefulness, intelligence, and — most importantly — potential that our beloved Starfleet members possess despite being mere mortals.

Why does this not surprise me...lol

Love the Horta. My favorite episode.

And of course you WOULD know Klingon...lol
il_340x270.1812641949_ayc0.jpg

I liked the musical episode

Reactions: Lynne