What songs make you cry?

Taliesin

Reaction score
Website
www.techstuffonly.com
Are there any songs that make you cry every time you hear them? I cannot make it through these songs without crying:

Head Over Feet by Alanis Morissette because that's all I want to be for a woman. It feels like she's singing directly to me, and it makes me so happy :)

The World I Know by Collective Soul because when he sings

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know

it makes me think of everyone I know who's left this world, looking down on me from heaven :(

What about you guys?

Whatsername by Green day.

It’s been awhile- Staind
Favourite song, still gets me emotional hearing it every now and then.

Last one, concrete angel by Martina Mcbride. I’m not gonna post a link for that one. It’s a song about child abuse. Based on a true story. Strong trigger warning of violence if anyone really wants to look it up. Listened to it once and couldn’t listen to the whole thing.

Are there any songs that make you cry every time you hear them? I cannot make it through these songs without crying:

What about you guys?
Good post. Yeah, there are many songs for me that fit your post category. This one by the Hollies does it for me every time. I know that it's generally about mankind and how we should treat one another. I literally think of my passed brother who went far far too soon.

I first heard this song while watching a movie with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia . I so felt for the Garcia character Michael as he tries to help his alcoholic wife, Alice. Of course the title song in the movie " When a Man Loves Woman" is pretty moving also. This isn't the R.E.M. version, but this unplugged cover equally sets a tone.

It reminds us to hang on when things are rough. People care. HE cares.

Reactions: Aces and NobleHouse
I had to post the R.E.M. version. I liked the horses in the video and of course the original cover. Which version do you like best ?

Debi, 'World I Know' used to be my fave CS song.

Most music doesn't bring a tear to my eye. I get chills instead. However, I was listening to oldies from WWI yesterday, and I was beginning to feel as if someone had just died! If I listen to stuff like 'Loch Lomond' or "Kathleen Mavourneen' I feel a sudden dip in energy. I think it's because when I was a child, I listened to a radio station that broadcast a Celtic music program every Sunday afternoon. I miss that more than I realized.

This first came out when I was fighting clinical depression and I rediscovered it more recently where some mystery illness just sucks the life out of me. The line "What if the day I stayed in bed... is normal?" has a whole new level of dread for me now as it's my greatest fear.
It reminds me of everyone I've lost. I found out my first girlfriend (a beautiful hippy mystic yoga teacher who didn't smoke and ate perfectly and treated her body as a temple) had died of cancer a few months ago and it's tough to deal with any of this.

And then the end instrumental kicks in and it's so brittle but totally defiant. I love this song. Thankyou, Dave Grohl (he wrote sang and played all instruments on this). I'm in tears again, but some of those tears are tears of joy.

And I miss you, Claire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
I have not listened to this song in years and I wont now but here it is.

Good post. Yeah, there are many songs for me that fit your post category. This one by the Hollies does it for me every time. I know that it's generally about mankind and how we should treat one another. I literally think of my passed brother who went far far too soon.

good one, while not many songs actually make me cry, there are a few that can hit a certain way, throwing me back to another time....sometimes even bringing forth enough emotion/memories that I can almost feel the grit of sand and taste the salt in the air....this is one of them...almost a melancholy type feeling left afterwards.