What skills....

Not possible....And I simply cannot afford it.....Student loans are a pill to pay back. They are nice while you have them but paying them back is a bitch.....The cost of education is ridiculous.....Besides I will soon be 62 years old and retiring this year so money will be tight as it is.....I am afraid it will be one those of things that I will look back on and regret but as my mother use to say "want in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first."
I would highly suggest if you are a lifetime "learner", to check with the local college or university and get in on some senior audit program. I plan to do that when I get older. If you take the class for no grade, they are usually free! No credit is given, but you get the same learnin' as those youngins do!

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I agree with Critter. School teaches you how to learn and be a critical thinker. It also teaches you a lot of other life skills like time management, multi-tasking, being a team member, etc. It also teaches you to take knowledge from one or more disciplines you may know and apply it to something else you don't know. It also teaches you to do your own thinking and be a healthy skeptic. Don't just take everyone else's word on everything, do your own research, find your own answers and come up with your own conclusions to things. Also, in a general sense, the more education you have, the more informed decisions you can make.

I think some of the most beneficial classes I have taken were for my business degree. All throughout my life it has helped with correspondence, accounting, taxes, etc. Also, I think everyone in high school or college should be able to take a basic business law course. That class has helped me a lot over the years dealing with life finances and business dealings.

And yes, typing in high school did turn out do be an excellent choice for an elective!

I agree with Critter. School teaches you how to learn and be a critical thinker. It also teaches you a lot of other life skills like time management, multi-tasking, being a team member, etc. It also teaches you to take knowledge from one or more disciplines you may know and apply it to something else you don't know. It also teaches you to do your own thinking and be a healthy skeptic. Don't just take everyone else's word on everything, do your own research, find your own answers and come up with your own conclusions to things. Also, in a general sense, the more education you have, the more informed decisions you can make.

I think some of the most beneficial classes I have taken were for my business degree. All throughout my life it has helped with correspondence, accounting, taxes, etc. Also, I think everyone in high school or college should be able to take a basic business law course. That class has helped me a lot over the years dealing with life finances and business dealings.

And yes, typing in high school did turn out do be an excellent choice for an elective!
Nicely stated Sea. If I included college I would say although I didn’t work in the legal field, my paralegal degree has helped me in life. I know how to be careful legally and when to make the call.

BODMAS which I use in programming.
upload_2018-1-22_6-55-33.png

www.skillsyouneed.com

The original order of operations in some countries was BODMAS, which stands for Brackets, Orders or pOwers, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction. The O is sometimes associated with Of. This mnemonic was common until exponentials were added into the mnemonic

View attachment 11862
www.skillsyouneed.com

The original order of operations in some countries was BODMAS, which stands for Brackets, Orders or pOwers, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction. The O is sometimes associated with Of. This mnemonic was common until exponentials were added into the mnemonic
I think Vibe is a genius

You know that we three are risking getting "the look" from Debi for integrating math into the Forum. :)

Reactions: Lynne