What Sci-fi movie...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT SCI-FI MOVIE MADE AN IMPACT ON YOUR THINKING OR ON YOUR LIFE? HAS ANY OR HAVE SEVERAL MOVIES CHANGED YOUR WAY OF VIEWING THE WORLD?

Which movies have left an impression on you?

There's a new one out that looks interesting.

None that I can think of, but given what I know in my field of expertise, I see a lot of movies/series that have some element of hacking or cyber threat and zero effort went in to actually get the facts straights. It's really comical. Here's a list of examples (some videos you may have to look up as they don't seem to load on the page). The best ever is NCIS with two people typing on the same keyboard at the same time (not even looking at keyboard) trying to stop a malware that they call a hack :tearsofjoy:

Apollo 13 made me better understand the risks that astronauts take and the hardships on families.

Contact made me think and wonder about the possibilities. I love the ending of that movie. Did Dr. Arroway have a near death experience or did she actually travel in time and space . . . or something else ?

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Slam dunk. "Killer Klowns From Outer Space."
This could become our next Saturday Night at the movies with PNF !

[ I posted a preview of the movie, but took it down. It may be too frightening for those with weak hearts ]

Reactions: Paintman
I have a friend who has watched every episode over the many years and knows much trivia about the show, including actor changes.

Charleh, it looks like the episodes run 42 - 45 minutes in length. If there are two episodes that you especially like ( that can be viewed and appreciated by Dr Who virgins) perhaps we could do two one night (or a combination of one Dr Who and something else).

To the best of my knowledge, I have never seen this show.

Reactions: Benway and Charleh
None that I can think of, but given what I know in my field of expertise, I see a lot of movies/series that have some element of hacking or cyber threat and zero effort went in to actually get the facts straights. It's really comical. Here's a list of examples (some videos you may have to look up as they don't seem to load on the page). The best ever is NCIS with two people typing on the same keyboard at the same time (not even looking at keyboard) trying to stop a malware that they call a hack :tearsofjoy:
Thanks for the link Vibe-Feeler .I knew some but not all of the impossibilities.
Some of the hacks in movies are pretty amazing. Riley Poole does some amazing tricks in National Treasure. I should be so talented.

I didn't know such a movie, a national treasure, such an obvious '88 Oscar snub, like Killer Klowns from Outer Space would be in the public domain.
v1.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
I'm laughing here. I was going after movies like Contact, Independance Day, etc., and what you guys came up with is Killer Klowns! lol :D:p:p

Reactions: Lynne