What needs to be...

I was once in a sales job with a guy who used to stride around on the table yelling, 'Are you a man or a chicken??!' to the telesales team. I got punished for my telesales sins by being reassigned to door to door with him, with him driving and he drove even worse than you'd expect a man who strutted on a table yelling 'Are you a man or a chicken' to men and women in a minimum wage job to drive. He was a mess. He had some awful inspirational self help power tape playing all the time (You are somebody! You are the man! Repeat after me...' ) while driving on the pavement and swerving everywhere at over the limit and acting like a man losing his mind who'd succeeded in brainwashing himself into thinking he was okay through tapes made by a charlatan. Like a nervous breakdown in denial, which is the kind of mind-set needed to work in sales really.
I used to bump fists with him and then spend the afternoon conning people, then scolding them for falling for charm and warning them not to listen to this sort of thing, got no leads, got fired so I could get unemployment benefit while I was looking for a non-morally bankrupt job!
thats a great story. only before you left you should have made a 6 hour self help tape for him to play as he slept and given it to him. 1 hour of soothing music and then 5 hours of "you are a strong and independant woman" on repetition..........

I always find my self saying... " They can send a man to the moon but they can't make a good vacuum". I go through them every two years or so. Ive tried a lot of brands.
Remind me, I have some tips. My large main canister vac is around 25 years old. There are ways to longevity !

thats a great story. only before you left you should have made a 6 hour self help tape for him to play as he slept and given it to him. 1 hour of soothing music and then 5 hours of "you are a strong and independant woman" on repetition..........
Classic! Although I shudder to think what sort of monster would have resulted. My God, the thought of him in a dress being an unhinged 'strong woman' is too horrifying to think about, but I'm also almost breaking out laughing! There is a truly terrible, but hilarious guilty pleasure movie in there somewhere. :eek:

Ben, you are AWESOME! lol
Well, if you can't join 'em, beat 'em!;ss
Though honestly, these days I'm reduced to a couch potato. Or at least a swivelly chair potato. There should be some sort of aphorism there, but 'You can take the slob out of the Spartan, but you can't take the spartan out of the slob' just doesn't seem to cut it.

I always find my self saying... " They can send a man to the moon but they can't make a good vacuum". I go through them every two years or so. Ive tried a lot of brands.
278441650_1009610213003899_7104147806055269701_n.jpg

Electrolux used to be a pretty reliable brand.
When my Dad died four years ago, we inherited the Electolux my folks had for at least forty years. It worked great for a couple years, and I thought did a better job than the high dollar Dyson we had.

Eventually the motor started making strange noises, and I took it to a local vaccum repair shop. The best the guy could do was try to rebuild the motor, but he was upfront and said he may not even be able to do that. Rather than put money into a very old unit, we scrapped it.

When my Dad died four years ago, we inherited the Electolux my folks had for at least forty years. It worked great for a couple years, and I thought did a better job than the high dollar Dyson we had.

Eventually the motor started making strange noises, and I took it to a local vaccum repair shop. The best the guy could do was try to rebuild the motor, but he was upfront and said he may not even be able to do that. Rather than put money into a very old unit, we scrapped it.
I'm impressed! Forty years is a long time for it to run before it broke down.

Reactions: Selectric and Duke