What Movie...

A nightmare on elm street when I was 4 I had a nightmare that Freddy was doing his laugh while standing at the foot of my bed lit on fire

Reactions: garnetsilver
A nightmare on elm street when I was 4 I had a nightmare that Freddy was doing his laugh while standing at the foot of my bed lit on fire
Wow that as too young to watch that movie. I can’t imagine how scary that would be for a 4 yr old.

No movie traumatized me but one scene in the original Star Wars did. It's the scene when Darth Vader enters Princess Leia's jail cell with the droid that has the syringe and floats into the camera, since I have a phobia of needles that got to me.
I used to listen to the radio play version of Star Wars when I was a really little kid and it had an extended torture scene there! From the movie, Luke coming home and his Aunt and Uncle's smoldering skeletons lying on the ground really upset me.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I used to listen to the radio play version of Star Wars when I was a really little kid and it had an extended torture scene there! From the movie, Luke coming home and his Aunt and Uncle's smoldering skeletons lying on the ground really upset me.
That’s horrible. Sorry to hear that Ben.

Reactions: Benway
That’s horrible. Sorry to hear that Ben.
Thanks. It's okay though. I loved the rest of it enough to make up for that! I had the Empire Strikes Back first as a toddler, then the radio series, then finally got to see the original movie! The odd terror was part of it. I'm ashamed that I didn't mention Leah's entire planet being casually blown up. That movie is really pretty dark when you think about it.

Reactions: Lynne
The scene in the bathroom (woman in the tub) is one of the most disturbing I can remember from that movie.
Indeed. That was the only acting credit for both actresses. Jack killing Hallorann was the surprise moment of the film for me. And Nicholson and Scatman Crothers were close friends in real life and I think that Nicholson had recommended him for this film. A little fun bit of trivia there. But Kubrick had put Shelley Duvall through sheer hell during filming to make her reactions during some of the most intense scenes look real. She was scared out of her mind most of the time during filming.

Indeed. That was the only acting credit for both actresses. Jack killing Hallorann was the surprise moment of the film for me. And Nicholson and Scatman Crothers were close friends in real life and I think that Nicholson had recommended him for this film. A little fun bit of trivia there. But Kubrick had put Shelley Duvall through sheer hell during filming to make her reactions during some of the most intense scenes look real. She was scared out of her mind most of the time during filming.
It's always cool to find these things out!