What might happen in Alien invasion

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Alien Invasion: Could it Really Happen and How Would it Play Out? | Mysterious Universe

A very common trope of science fiction literature and film is that of the alien invasion. In books and on screen we have spanning epics in which human beings bravely do battle against these mysterious intruders with their wits and whatever weapons they have at hand. In the end, they send the alien invaders back to from whence they came or destroy them outright. Go humans, right? This is all good fun and very entertaining, but have you ever thought of whether aliens might actually invade for real, or what would happen to us if they did? Here we will delve into the possibility of a real alien invasion, why they would come, what they would do, and what it would mean for us all.

The first thing to consider is why aliens would even want to attack or invade us in the first place, and this can be a bit tricky, with numerous theories on why they would even bother, and different possible outcomes to an invasion based on what they are after. One idea that has been thrown around is that they would be after our water or other resources, and that seems to make sense on the surface, but looking into this possibility more deeply brings about some problems. First of all is that it is believed that there are vast amounts of water frozen and locked away within asteroids, comets, and uninhabited planets, moons, and planetoids, so it seems a bit odd that they would want to use so many resources to travel all of that way just to pry the water from our cold, dead hands. Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to just mine nearby systems for all of that unused water floating about in space without any objection? And say they really do need us for our water, even if they did, there are numerous logistical problems involved with stealing it from us, and the same can be said of other resources as well. This is very well explained by astronomer Phil Plait, host of the Discovery Channel’s science show Phil Plait’s Bad Universe, who says of all of this:

See full story at link

Reactions: Donna K. and Mokey
How would aliens coming here to avail themselves of Earth specific resources be any different than early Earth explorers/traders going to other lands to get things like tobacco, tea, coffee, spices, and sadly, slaves not available in their home lands? The logistical problems would be proportionate considering the advanced technology one would assume possessed by aliens.

How would aliens coming here to avail themselves of Earth specific resources be any different than early Earth explorers/traders going to other lands to get things like tobacco, tea, coffee, spices, and sadly, slaves not available in their home lands? The logistical problems would be proportionate considering the advanced technology one would assume possessed by aliens.
I agree with you on that. When I read the article, I had several disagreements with Brent on his theories.

Reactions: Paulm and Donna K.
I think the only reason they would come here is to oust us and take the planet for themselves.If they have the technology to get here, we would be totally defencless against them and would be defeated.Probably a good thing for Earth,I cant see aliens being a greater burden than humans are on the planet.

Reactions: Donna K.
Why not attempt a mystical defense? As above, so below.

Most invading alien races might be technologically advanced, but are they spiritually stronger? As long as we aren’t invaded by a race of Uncle Martins, we might be able to out ESP them.

Last edited:
Why not attempt a mystical defense? As above, so below.

Most invading alien races might be technologically advanced, but are they spiritually stronger? As long as we aren’t invaded by a race of Uncle Martins, we might be able to out ESP them.
unless the theory of R-Negative blood holds any truth to it..... some believe that ESP/Abilities are strongest in ppl with R-neg blood types, and that these blood types may have an alien connection or tie in somehow..... if that were true then the E/T'S may be far ahead of us there also.....

just out of curiosity, I wonder how many ppl with abilities are actually R-neg....has there been an actual study on that.???

A Bird I know has this also if I remember correctly. and there was an article put up on the forum somewhere about it. maybe that unidentified Bird will see this and add to the discussion

unless the theory of R-Negative blood holds any truth to it..... some believe that ESP/Abilities are strongest in ppl with R-neg blood types, and that these blood types may have an alien connection or tie in somehow..... if that were true then the E/T'S may be far ahead of us there also.....

just out of curiosity, I wonder how many ppl with abilities are actually R-neg....has there been an actual study on that.???
A Bird I know has this also if I remember correctly. and there was an article put up on the forum somewhere about it. maybe that unidentified Bird will see this and add to the discussion
Aaand here we go again. So, let me just say this. My father was RH neg and very gifted. I am Rh neg and I believe gifted. My youngest son is RH neg and very gifted. My other two sons have not shown the same skills and they are RH positive. My grandson who is now showing major skills is also neg.

I still maintain I am NOT an alien Bird!

Another fact on negative blood types....they cannot be cloned. The cells are different in some way.

Aaand here we go again. So, let me just say this. My father was RH neg and very gifted. I am Rh neg and I believe gifted. My youngest son is RH neg and very gifted. My other two sons have not shown the same skills and they are RH positive. My grandson who is now showing major skills is also neg.

I still maintain I am NOT an alien Bird!

Another fact on negative blood types....they cannot be cloned. The cells are different in some way.
while I also dont lean towards the alien connection, I find it interesting that RH neg ppl may be more gifted....and that opens up many questions...
I am also RH negative, though probably seriously lacking in the abilities compared to all the members here.