What kind of....

I'm very much of the "Leave me alone and I'll be fine" breed. In fact I much prefer getting sick on days when the wife and kids all have to go to school so that I can be miserable in the peace and quiet of solitude.

I'm very much of the "Leave me alone and I'll be fine" breed. In fact I much prefer getting sick on days when the wife and kids all have to go to school so that I can be miserable in the peace and quiet of solitude.
I’m the same. Leave everything in reach and go away lol.

Years ago, I woke up one morning with a raspy throat and feeling achy and tired. I told Mrs Duke I was going to call in sick since I was feeling poorly. She gave me "the look" and said, "Sick? Yesterday I took care of a man who had bypass surgery after a heart attack just months after he was diagnosed with brain cancer. That man is sick, you're not sick. Get your ass out of bed and get to work." Hard to argue that point. I went to work.

Lesson learned? Cardiac ICU nurses have a different datum from which to gauge "sick" compared to the rest of us.

Last edited:
Years ago, I woke up one morning with a raspy throat and feeling achy and tired. I told Mrs Duke I was going to call in sick since I was feeling poorly. She gave me "the look" and said, "Sick? Yesterday I took care of a man who had bypass surgery after a heart attack just months after he was diagnosed with brain cancer. That man is sick, you're not sick. Get your ass out of bed and get to work." Hard to argue that point. I went to work.

Lesson learned? Cardiac ICU nurses have a different datum from which to gauge "sick" compared to the rest of us.
Some days we need to let our souls heal. The body may be ok but the mind and soul need a sick day!