Some have the belief that if you ignore it, it will go away. This may be the approach your parents were taking with it. Sometimes that approach actually works as the entity gets tired of getting no attention. However, I believe an entire family has to understand that fear feeds these things. Children should be assured in whatever way necessary and acknowledged that what they saw was there but cannot hurt them if ignored.
I misread the first two sentences of yours as I read a bit too fast so ignore the first sentence of my last reply. And I’m not sure if fear is the right word for me when I’m usually dealing with this. I think it’s more like feeling slightly unnerved and slightly anxious, but outright fear? I don’t think that’s the right description for how I’m personally feeling most of the time.

I will say though that I don’t think I’ve ever subconsciously liked the look of those types of entities when was little. I remember I used to have this book that teaches you how to make finger puppets with ice cream popsicles. When I was four I discovered a page was ripped out and I asked my mother about it, and my mother said it was of grim reaper. I was only 2 or 3 years old and even then it creeped me out and I didn’t want to see it each time we opened the book. I don’t know if that has any insignificance but I do think it makes somewhat sense?

Is that usually the case? I thought spirits are not bound by time like we are, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they would have all the time in the world to mess with someone.
Not always, but many times. Yes, they are outside of time/space from what we think we know of them, however, they do want attention. Like a spoiled child, they make a lot of noise to get it.

I misread the first two sentences of yours as I read a bit too fast so ignore the first sentence of my last reply. And I’m not sure if fear is the right word for me when I’m usually dealing with this. I think it’s more like feeling slightly unnerved and slightly anxious, but outright fear? I don’t think that’s the right description for how I’m personally feeling most of the time.

I will say though that I don’t think I’ve ever subconsciously liked the look of those types of entities when was little. I remember I used to have this book that teaches you how to make finger puppets with ice cream popsicles. When I was four I discovered a page was ripped out and I asked my mother about it, and my mother said it was of grim reaper. I was only 2 or 3 years old and even then it creeped me out and I didn’t want to see it each time we opened the book. I don’t know if that has any insignificance but I do think it makes somewhat sense?
It has significance if you give it that. The concept of a "Grim Reaper" comes from this...it's not Biblical.

The name Grim Reaper seems to have appeared in Europe during the 14th century. It was during this time that Europe was dealing with what was then the world's worst pandemic, the Black Death, believed to be the result of the plague.

It was known as the "harvester of souls." The actual origins of a face of death is this:

Who created the Grim Reaper?
Origin of the Grim Reaper. If you're going to give death a human face, why not make it friendly? That was the approach taken by the Greeks, who named death Thanatos. Thanatos was the twin brother of Hypnos, the god of sleep, and both were portrayed as young, pleasant men.

Going back further we find:

Azrael
Azrael (/ˈæzriəl/; Biblical Hebrew: עֲזַרְאֵל‎ ʿázarʾēl) is the Angel of Death in Islam and some Jewish traditions. The Hebrew name translates to "Angel of God", "Help from God". Azrael is the spelling of the Chambers Dictionary.

And in the Christian religion:

The archangels Michael and Gabriel have acted as angels of death in Judeo-Christian religion.

Reactions: ozentity
If you're going to give death a human face, why not make it friendly?
I've always thought that of anything bad or evil(not that death is bad).If something is trying to destroy you I think it would take the form of something familiar,pleasant or beautiful to deceive and get a foothold.I think these are truly evil.Monsterous type entities are more to frighten,intimidate which could mean they lack power.

I've always thought that of anything bad or evil(not that death is bad).If something is trying to destroy you I think it would take the form of something familiar,pleasant or beautiful to deceive and get a foothold.I think these are truly evil.Monsterous type entities are more to frighten,intimidate which could mean they lack power.
I agree; because if they fail to frighten or intimidate, they are out of power for sure!

Is that usually the case? I thought spirits are not bound by time like we are, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they would have all the time in the world to mess with someone.
Not all activity is caused by the same thing, so dealing with them, if need be will have to fit the circumstance.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Not all activity is caused by the same thing, so dealing with them, if need be will have to fit the circumstance.
Speaking of activity, I just witnessed a shadow figure off the corner of my eye in broad daylight. It was on my neighbor’s front yard next to the drive through of my house, and it looked like it was running away, out of my sight, as if to avoid being seen. It ran incredibly fast too and disappeared within a blink of an eye. It happened at around 2:00 pm this afternoon.

After that a foam noodle came rolling towards me as I was about to go back inside, but that could have just been the wind, or maybe the speed it was running caused a gust of wind. I doubt it though.

Speaking of activity, I just witnessed a shadow figure off the corner of my eye in broad daylight. It was on my neighbor’s front yard next to the drive through of my house, and it looked like it was running away, out of my sight, as if to avoid being seen. It ran incredibly fast too and disappeared within a blink of an eye. It happened at around 2:00 pm this afternoon.

After that a foam noodle came rolling towards me as I was about to go back inside, but that could have just been the wind, or maybe the speed it was running caused a gust of wind. I doubt it though.
Wow these shadow beings have been showing up a lot lately. I’m glad it was outside your house.

Wow these shadow beings have been showing up a lot lately. I’m glad it was outside your house.
Not really. This is the first time I’ve seen one since two or three years ago.
It has significance if you give it that. The concept of a "Grim Reaper" comes from this...it's not Biblical.

The name Grim Reaper seems to have appeared in Europe during the 14th century. It was during this time that Europe was dealing with what was then the world's worst pandemic, the Black Death, believed to be the result of the plague.

It was known as the "harvester of souls." The actual origins of a face of death is this:

Who created the Grim Reaper?
Origin of the Grim Reaper. If you're going to give death a human face, why not make it friendly? That was the approach taken by the Greeks, who named death Thanatos. Thanatos was the twin brother of Hypnos, the god of sleep, and both were portrayed as young, pleasant men.

Going back further we find:

Azrael
Azrael (/ˈæzriəl/; Biblical Hebrew: עֲזַרְאֵל‎ ʿázarʾēl) is the Angel of Death in Islam and some Jewish traditions. The Hebrew name translates to "Angel of God", "Help from God". Azrael is the spelling of the Chambers Dictionary.

And in the Christian religion:

The archangels Michael and Gabriel have acted as angels of death in Judeo-Christian religion.
Looks like I’ve witnessed another one after reading one of Heidi Hollis’s books. Should I be concerned?

Not really. This is the first time I’ve seen one since two or three years ago.

Looks like I’ve witnessed another one after reading one of Heidi Hollis’s books. Should I be concerned?
Where did you see it? If it’s outside of where you’re living I wouldn’t be too concerned.