LostGirl95

Reaction score
So before I tell this experience to anyone, I’m just going to say this happened several years ago, but I do remember it very vividly.

This was a time when I had sleep paralysis without any hallucinations, but I did experience them when I was fully awake and out of bed due to medications… or so I thought. I say this because I’m still sometimes experiencing these now on rare occasions. I don’t see entities on a daily but only sometimes. I have spoken to mental health professionals and they tell me I do not show signs of having a psychotic disorder but that’s another whole can of worms that I’m not going to get into.

Now to get back to what happened to me back then. So around the year I started having sleep paralysis, my sister saw a dark energy or entity crawl around her room in a serpent-like way. She ran to may parents crying about it. She was six or seven years old so naturally this would frighten any child.

I also once got up around that time of year… I think maybe a few weeks in or days after my sister witnessed the incident. I can’t remember what exactly happened before or after she witness the entity in her room, but what I saw actually terrified me more than any entity I’ve seen. It was completely black and it looked real, as in almost physical but it was not at the same time. It was tall; it stood approximately 7 to 8 feet high and was floating above ground by about a foot in the air and glided across our staircase into my dad’s study. I was behind the staircase when this happened, and as it glided up the stairs, the whole room got very dark. It looked like it had a silhouette of a a long cloak but it had no face or anything definable. It was just a black mass of shadow in a human-like form. I was way too scared to go up the stairs, mostly because every fiber in my being has told me not to go up.

My parents have blessed the house by anointing it with oil and put oil over our foreheads. They’re Christians. I am not certain, however, if this happened before or after I saw the large entity as this is all a bit of a blur. This happened in 2010, but I do remember vividly what the entity looked like and was certain it was not my imagination.

Around this year, I also had a dream about my mother dying of cancer, but it turns out years later that my cat died of it instead. I held her very dear to my heart so it was extremely rough. It only happened about 2 years ago. (That’s another experience that I will talk about later about my cat).

Right now I’m slightly confused as to what it might be. Is it my imagination? If not could it be a shadow figure, demon (even though I was never physically harmed), grim reaper, or earthbound spirit trying to mess with me. I ask if it was a grim reaper because I had a dream of a family member dying. I don’t know how all this works.

————————
About a year ago, I also saw a smaller shadowy entity at the foot of my bed. Then I had sleep paralysis, even though it wasn’t during REM sleep but right before I was about to sleep. I felt something pull me out of my body and I felt like I was in a worm hole. Only it was cloud-like and bright, and I was flying around from room to room until I willed myself back in my body. Was this unintentional astral projection or something? Cause that was kinda freaky to me, especially since it didn’t feel of my own doing, which I do not like… at all. Also it wasn’t a dream, because I was completely conscious the whole time and I’ve also had lucid dreaming where I could dreams so I highly doubt this is the same thing.

I don’t think it’s of the same entity either though, but I’m asking just in case.

Hopefully I don’t come off as crazy because that’s how I feel right now.

Hi LG. Yes, I think you have a legit shadow person situation here to begin with. I am just getting ready to sign off for the night, but I am going to give you the name Heidi Hollis and ask that you check out some of her writings on shadow people. She has a podcast and a website. She is truly well versed in them. I believe some others may come by and give you more info tonight, but if not, I will return tomorrow with some further info for you.

I honestly have no idea why or what is going on in your home. Were these incidents all in the past ? If things are quiet now I would not rock the boat by giving it any attention. Since you are a Christian, I would recommend staying prayed up and to remain vigilant. Here is out forums recommendations:PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

I honestly have no idea why or what is going on in your home. Were these incidents all in the past ? If things are quiet now I would not rock the boat by giving it any attention. Since you are a Christian, I would recommend staying prayed up and to remain vigilant. Here is out forums recommendations:PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems
I am a Christian, but I’m an Agnostic-Christian. I haven’t prayed in forever or read my Bible for a long time.

Not picking on you here, LG, but your last couple comments brought to mind a question I've long meant to ask of others on the forum. If someone of little/no religious faith is being targeted by a dark entity, will that person's invocation of a religious action (prayer, blessing a room with holy water, etc) be effective even if the victim of the entity does not believe in the action they are taking? It seems to me the faith, or lack thereof, behind the action is more important than the action itself.

Last edited:
Not picking on you here, LG, but your last couple comments brought to mind a question I've long meant to ask of others on the forum. If someone of little/no religious faith is being targeted by a dark entity, will that person's invocation of a religious action (prayer, blessing a room with holy water, etc) be effective even if the victim of the entity does believe in the action they are taking? It seems to me the faith, or lack thereof, behind the action is more important than the action itself.
It’s ironic you mention that because despite my family being hardcore Christians, they didn’t take me or my sister seriously and didn’t believe us about there being an entity despite blessing the house. Now my sister denies it because it scares her, but I know what she saw was most likely real.

Reactions: ozentity
It’s ironic you mention that because despite my family being hardcore Christians, they didn’t take me or my sister seriously and didn’t believe us about there being an entity despite blessing the house. Now my sister denies it because it scares her, but I know what she saw was most likely real.
Some have the belief that if you ignore it, it will go away. This may be the approach your parents were taking with it. Sometimes that approach actually works as the entity gets tired of getting no attention. However, I believe an entire family has to understand that fear feeds these things. Children should be assured in whatever way necessary and acknowledged that what they saw was there but cannot hurt them if ignored.

If someone of little/no religious faith is being targeted by a dark entity, will that person's invocation of a religious action (prayer, blessing a room with holy water, etc) be effective even if the victim of the entity does believe in the action they are taking? It seems to me the faith, or lack thereof, behind the action is more important than the action itself.
Well, you've just initiated a new thread with that thought.....

Some have the belief that if you ignore it, it will go away. This may be the approach your parents were taking with it. Sometimes that approach actually works as the entity gets tired of getting no attention. However, I believe an entire family has to understand that fear feeds these things. Children should be assured in whatever way necessary and acknowledged that what they saw was there but cannot hurt them if ignored.
Is that usually the case? I thought spirits are not bound by time like we are, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they would have all the time in the world to mess with someone.