What is...

And those social justice morons don't know that they are protesting against somebody that is on their side. If you've ever read lots of Mark Twain or To Kill a Mockingbird,- those jack-wagons missed the point.
And they have degrees in English literature and teach.
I've never seen Blazing Saddles so I don't get the reference. However, I liked your post because To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the best books/films EVER! Took me right back to being at school and studying it. We had a great teacher too - a bit like the one from The Dead Poet Society. He was a legend!

Reactions: Benway and Debi
I saw a video of a young person watching a video of Jethro Tull performing live in Madison Square Garden in 76 or so. He was just blown away by both the music and the visual spectacle.

I think this is a "thing" now, lol.

Last edited:
I've never seen Blazing Saddles so I don't get the reference. However, I liked your post because To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the best books/films EVER! Took me right back to being at school and studying it. We had a great teacher too - a bit like the one from The Dead Poet Society. He was a legend!
Blazing Saddles is a cowboy spoof about a town that gets a black sheriff. There is a LOT of casual racism in it, but it's clear that it's really wrong and is mocking racism as being stupid and ignorant. It was co-written by Mel Brooks (Jewish) and Richard Pryor (black), so it's not like they would make a racist movie, and indeed it is the opposite of that, but the regular racist comments and use of the N word would be controversial nowadays. As you'd expect from those writers it's also hilarious. It also has plenty of dumb jokes* unrelated to serious issues. If your sense of humour extends to the really silly it's well worth a look.

*some of which are pretty clever

The French Mistake scene is classic Brooks humor. Still makes me laugh.

Blazing Saddles is a cowboy spoof about a town that gets a black sheriff. There is a LOT of casual racism in it, but it's clear that it's really wrong and is mocking racism as being stupid and ignorant. It was co-written by Mel Brooks (Jewish) and Richard Pryor (black), so it's not like they would make a racist movie, and indeed it is the opposite of that, but the regular racist comments and use of the N word would be controversial nowadays. As you'd expect from those writers it's also hilarious. It also has plenty of dumb jokes* unrelated to serious issues. If your sense of humour extends to the really silly it's well worth a look.

*some of which are pretty clever
You have sold it to me! I recently watched Borat for the first time and absolutely LOVED it! So yes, I have a sense of humour that appreciates both silly and clever - sounds like I might enjoy Blazing Saddles...

Reactions: Benway