What is...

2f2943417063e5a8ec3237b212333baf.jpg

It's called "Ladies View" in Killarney's "Ring of Kerry."

sunrise, river wye, symonds yat, gloucestershire - symonds yat stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
symonds yat rock - symonds yat stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

I've got a long list but this place is dear to me. I saw a painting of it behind a desk of C.S Lewis in a movie called Shadowlands with Anthony Hopkins and I knew I had to find it. It is called Symonds Yat. On the Welsh border.
I hiked over the back of the "sleeping dragon" as they call that elevated wooded area in the center. it took a lot longer than I had planned for and I ended up knocking on someone's door and asking if they could take me to the train station. They were very nice and I caught the last train out that evening. Something magical in there.

that is hard question, a few places pop up in my memory, i saw a sunrise in the Mojave once that was amazing, and a sunset in the islands that will always be with me. places in nature or off the beaten path would be top of the list. places that create a sensory overload with the smells, temps, colors, sounds...... these are the places that i remember or stand out.

Reactions: ozentity
Skiing in Colorado. There is a feature in one of the mountains that's called Snoopy. It looks like Snoopy laying on top of his doghouse. Snoopy's Bowl is just that. A giant snow bowl. We skied in the bowl when there was a heavy snowfall.
What struck me is that you have no sense of direction. One second you are speeding down hill and the next second you're going up the bowl. And you are darn near blind because every direction you look is white with the snowfall.
Surreal.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
sunrise, river wye, symonds yat, gloucestershire - symonds yat stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
symonds yat rock - symonds yat stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

I've got a long list but this place is dear to me. I saw a painting of it behind a desk of C.S Lewis in a movie called Shadowlands with Anthony Hopkins and I knew I had to find it. It is called Symonds Yat. On the Welsh border.
I hiked over the back of the "sleeping dragon" as they call that elevated wooded area in the center. it took a lot longer than I had planned for and I ended up knocking on someone's door and asking if they could take me to the train station. They were very nice and I caught the last train out that evening. Something magical in there.
Wow Jad I didn’t know you did big hiking adventures !! Were you alone?