What is....

The Complete Book of Fortune.
An old battered hardback from the '30s which belonged to my mum. It's the state of the art in 1930s occult divination, from astrology to Tarot to Napoleon's Book of Fate and tea leaf reading and more. It's also very impressive looking whenever I have an excuse to drag it down from the shelf, as it's a big black dusty tome with a faded image of mysterious things on it and looks like a proper wizard book. And headology is important for setting the mood, and a big impressive book is less likely to cause distracting coughing than incense. Not that I do much of that sort of thing, but it's good to have around once in a while.

Last edited:
The Complete Book of Fortune.
An old battered hardback from the '30s which belonged to my mum. It's the state of the art in 1930s occult divination, from astrology to Tarot to Napoleon's Book of Fate and tea leaf reading and more. It's also very impressive looking whenever I have an excuse to drag it down from the shelf, as it's a big black dusty tome with a faded image of mysterious things on it and looks like a proper wizard book. And headology is important for setting the mood, and a big impressive book is less likely to cause distracting coughing than incense. Not that I do much of that sort of thing, but it's good to have around once in a while.

Aren't those old books like that beautiful. I don't have any but my Mother-In-Law did. I could just sit and admire the covering forever. We might be more efficient today - but we sure don't have the class.

I have an very old embroidery piece that the same Mother-In-Law left to me when she passed away ( and THAT caused some contention I can tell you) Her great uncle brought it over from Germany in 1896. It is a picture of Christ knocking on the door of a small dwelling and the wording says "See I Stand At The Door And Knock On" in German. Christ's Halo and hands are made of bone. And the thread used to embroider looks to be silk. It is impossible to know for sure as it is framed and sealed to keep air from aging it. The bone she was told about by someone she had examine it... but the thread is unknown for sure. It is quite beautiful.

I have a few pieces of antique glassware and a very old secretariat (for young peeps that’s a writing desk with a door and shelves ). I used to love antique shopping but since learning about attachments and how things hold energy, I have lost that hobby.

I don't really have much stuff and no antiques so I'm going to say I am the oldest thing in my home.I'm still in usable condition though

Brahahahhaaa. I feel you ozentity. If I were a used book on e-bay I'd list myself as 'some wear' and that's exactly what they'd get. Cover's gone, page's faded and cracked, and the last page missing. I'm cool with it... but buyer beware.

We have lots of antiques in the house, including the wife's collection of glass salt cups and Depression glassware, but all are for display only. The oldest things we use routinely are my Dad's WWII vintage tool set.