What is...

That is scary. :eek: I can imagine the feeling of stomach lurching up and nearly falling... It's hard to describe isn't it? I'm so glad you made it!
Yeah wasn’t worth the pay :p

Reactions: Benway
Ok this December I had a temp construction job. And one day we were boarding up the roof. So we got on the jack. And once we got to the top, it was pretty windy and we were at about 30 feet up. And when those things tilt the thing doesn’t lie you go up or down lest the damn thing tip over. So my supervisor had 3 more people on the lift, and he kept going a foot up, a foot down, etc. And I thought he said “let’s get off” so when we were still, i jumped. At that instand he jerked the thing down 3 feet. I jumped just in time to grab the side of the roof. And i already unhooked my fall harness from the lift. So took my supervisor a second to finally lift the jack so I could back on. That was a scary few seconds because below me was some rebar........
:eek: Wow, that was a scary situation to be in, Charleh. You may not have chosen it, but that doesn't make it any less scary!

I knew a guy that was in construction. He fell from about 30' and landed on a piece of rebar. He lived, and needless to say, he was one lucky hombre. It took well over a year of healing and rehab, but I have to give him credit, he got right back to work doing the same thing that put him in the hospital.

:eek: Wow, that was a scary situation to be in, Charleh. You may not have chosen it, but that doesn't make it any less scary!

I knew a guy that was in construction. He fell from about 30' and landed on a piece of rebar. He lived, and needless to say, he was one lucky hombre. It took well over a year of healing and rehab, but I have to give him credit, he got right back to work doing the same thing that put him in the hospital.
Sounds like a man that doesn’t know how to quit. Props to him for sure!

Reactions: Seahunter
WHAT IS THE SCARIEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE ON PURPOSE? AND WHY DID YOU DO IT?
I honestly can't think of any at the moment. Some of this is very relative of course. For example, my nephew works on those giant wind turbines. Hundreds of feet in the air, wobbling back and forth. Does it full-time... ON PURPOSE! :eek: You couldn't pay me to go up a spindly tower like that! Now, many of you know I've been to 1,000' in a research submarine, and I chose to do it. Some people, same as my wind turbine, there's no way they would get in a tiny tin can and go into the ocean that deep.

So I guess one thing I have done on purpose, is to dive with sharks in the water. I didn't think it was particularly scary based on the odds, but some people would! :p

Holy Majoly Ben. Please share more, I’m on the edge of my...sorry...should be more careful with my use of words. I’m hanging on your every...oops...sorry again.

I guess I’m going to be NOT posting any more on this topic until I hear more details about your episode. Seems I just put my foot in my mouth with my use of English trite phrases.
Love you Wands. I’m cracking up at your humor. :p But I totally agree. Ben we need the rest of the story. I think Bob Bain needs to interview you!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
20904369.jpg

images
Ha ha ha ha ha aaa

Reactions: Seahunter
I have enjoyed reading this thread. You guys had some scary expierences. Wands your lungs must have been exploding! How did you feel after?

The most dangerous thing I can remember (although at the time I wasn’t afraid :rolleyes:), was drag racing at night on an old dirt road. I was 17 and had a beautiful old 69 mustang. We also drank and drove on those old back country roads. By the grace of god I’m still here and managed not to kill anyone. Today’s world is way diff. I wouldn’t do it today.