What is...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT IS THE SCARIEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE ON PURPOSE? AND WHY DID YOU DO IT?

Swam through 75 foot long, completely submerged tunnel. It was about 3 feet across but had plant matter on all surfaces so kind of like tentacle reaching out for me.

It left me with a life long mild case of claustrophobia.

I did it because it was...a dare by older kids. I was 15 years old and stupid envious of the older guys.

I was trapped on the top of a building and as I couldn't get anyone on the ground to notice me (believe me I tried), I (despite having almost fallen to my death shortly before) gave up safety and went out onto a narrow ledge with only the front of my feet able to fit and hugging the wall and tried to reach a way down. It hadn't seemed windy until I was out there and I have never been so conscious of the balance of weight in my own body. Of course I looked down! I'd guess it was about forty feet up with a drop onto hard stone. That was bad enough and then I got to the corner of the tower... Going around that corner is the most terrifying thing I ever did on purpose.

This was the same night I had my experience with the consciousness of everyone. I should really write about the whole night. The fact that there were people on the ground who didn't acknowledge I existed no matter how much I screamed and shouted for help was part of the weirdness of that night and the only reason I went out onto the ledge.

Last edited:
I was trapped on the top of a building and as I couldn't get anyone on the ground to notice me (believe me I tried), I (despite having almost fallen to my death shortly before) gave up safety and went out onto a narrow ledge with only the front of my feet able to fit and hugging the wall and tried to reach a way down. It hadn't seemed windy until I was out there and I have never been so conscious of the balance of weight in my own body. Of course I looked down! I'd guess it was about forty feet up with a drop onto hard stone. That was bad enough and then I got to the corner of the tower... Going around that corner is the most terrifying thing I ever did on purpose.

This was the same night I had my experience with the consciousness of everyone. I should really write about the whole night. The fact that there were people on the ground who didn't acknowledge I existed no matter how much I screamed and shouted for help was part of the weirdness of that night and the only reason I went out onto the ledge.
So you basically climbed down the side of a building?!?!??!? Bloody hell you never fail to impress me :eek:

For me it must have been being an idiot and while chilling with some friends and as we crossed a bridge, I climbed over the edge and was hanging there while talking to my friends pretending everything was normal. You know how sometimes your feet slip? Anyhow I didn’t fall and I climbed right back after that

Mine was to get on a Ferris Wheel. Now, I know...that sounds like it should be fun, right? My fear of heights is phobic level and this thing was HUGE. My sister challenged me to face my fears. Welp, let me tell ya! The man running the darn thing let me do one round up and down and stopped it to let me off as I fainted on the "down" trip. I guess he was a little afraid of me sliding right out of the thing. My sister was zero help...she was laughing too hard.

So you basically climbed down the side of a building?!?!??!? Bloody hell you never fail to impress me :eek:

For me it must have been being an idiot and while chilling with some friends and as we crossed a bridge, I climbed over the edge and was hanging there while talking to my friends pretending everything was normal. You know how sometimes your feet slip? Anyhow I didn’t fall and I climbed right back after that
Not scary per se as not much legitimately scares me, but I was shaking after that lol

Reactions: Lynne

Holy Majoly Ben. Please share more, I’m on the edge of my...sorry...should be more careful with my use of words. I’m hanging on your every...oops...sorry again.

I guess I’m going to be NOT posting any more on this topic until I hear more details about your episode. Seems I just put my foot in my mouth with my use of English trite phrases.

Mine was to get on a Ferris Wheel. Now, I know...that sounds like it should be fun, right? My fear of heights is phobic level and this thing was HUGE. My sister challenged me to face my fears. Welp, let me tell ya! The man running the darn thing let me do one round up and down and stopped it to let me off as I fainted on the "down" trip. I guess he was a little afraid of me sliding right out of the thing. My sister was zero help...she was laughing too hard.

People who use others fears against them are some of the meanest. I can of course empathize because you already know I have acrophobia.

Debi do you e perience any fear symptoms when you look up an e trembly tall object? I do, I actual fear falling “up” as much as I do falling down,

Reactions: Debi
Here's where I was stuck:
117700184.jpg

I was on the top of the archway and had to climb around the back and side (no view that I could find) so I could reach the gap between buildings where a roof slopes down to about 8ft off the ground. The building wasn't a damn Starbucks then so at least I didn't have to be embarrassed as well as scared. You can just make out somebody standing in the archway so you can judge the height.

I wasn't scared at the time, but it scares me now to think when I was 17 or 18, I took a Kawasaki motorcycle on a country road and opened it up. I hit 125 mph. The road was pretty straight but it had It's ups downs and side entering roads. I was pretty brave and fearless as teenager. A pebble, a tree branch, a car entering the road, anything to cause me to flinch would have been disasterous.

I never scolded my daughter's too heavily for doing dumb stuff. I always look at what I did at their age and say, yep, been there. I did try to councel them.