What is the most....

Discussion in 'Owl's Nest' started by Debi, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

What's the most valuable item you own either in value or emotional attachment?

garnetsilver likes this.
  2. TonyM

TonyM
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

I don't own anything that is of particular value, maybe some quality musical instruments and a wee painting I love that was a gift. My dad's watch for sentimental value for sure. More for being rare I love my wee piece of Moon rock so that maybe takes first place.

Lynne, Debi, Paintman and 2 others like this.
  3. T-Bob

T-Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Most people who know me know I'm a big old movie fan, especially monster movies and Westerns. I'm a huge fan of the films made by Republic Studios, and also the old Columbia Westerns. I've got a couple of posters signed by the major stars of these studios. Not particularly valuable, but they mean a lot to me since the actors starred in the movies I grew up with .

Columbia Stars_LR.jpg
    Stars of Republic Poster_LR.jpg

#3 T-Bob, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Lynne, Debi, Paintman and 4 others like this.
  4. garnetsilver

garnetsilver
    Expand Collapse

My collection of used children's books! They have no monetary value; indeed, most of them are used library books, but they hold happy memories for me.

Lynne, Debi, Paintman and 3 others like this.
  5. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

The charm I wear around my neck (which is pictured in my forum avatar) and my Mom’s gold wedding band which is on the same chain with that charm.

I’ve posted details about both of these objects in past PNF threads to explain their significances.

6. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse
    Open-minded critical thinker

My integrity.

Many years ago, my grandfather told me something I've never forgotten. He said, "A man's integrity is the only thing that can never be taken from him, to lose it he must do it himself."

Lynne, ozentity, Paintman and 5 others like this.
  7. Paintman

Paintman
    Expand Collapse
    Go Go White Sox !
    Tier-1 Mod

I stumbled across a 3-wood by accident. It's the first one that I can hit consistently. I've owned and hit a lot of them and some of them have been custom-fitted. But they just didn't work.
    Hitting a 3-wood takes a completely different swing. You sweep at the ball like a broom. No divot.
    I read somewhere that Jack Nicklaus played the same three wood for 27 years.:) When I read that I don't feel so all alone:p

ozentity, Debi, Mokey and 1 other person like this.
  8. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse

My old blue whippet.I was gifted her as a pup.I've spent countless hours walking and hunting the hills of the Great Divide with her,had our bad times and our glory days.She's saved me, and I her at times.She'[s taught me so much about hunting,bravery and loyalty that only a dog knows.Not worth a dime to anyone except me,but definitely my most treasured thing.

Lynne, Paintman, Mokey and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

If it is a possession I would say my wedding ring. Of course my family and pets would be first but staying with idea of an object.