What is something...

I will never forget the bartender's face when i was in England and ordered a Yuengling lol. He responded, you're not from around here are you rofl.

I will never forget the bartender's face when i was in England and ordered a Yuengling lol. He responded, you're not from around here are you rofl.
The first time I tried a Heineken beer, I wasn't sure I liked it. By the time I had the second one, it had grown on me...lol After that we named a dog Heineken.

Tastes do change over the years.
Yes, they do. I believe the reason I like blue cheese, olives and anchovies is because my parents introduced me to them at a very young age. I probably didn't immediately like them, but at some point I "acquired" the taste for them and that was that.

It doesn't work for everything, though, as I said - I've never been able to acquire the taste for whisky or red wine. However, I did read an article once that said men and women can have a different experience when they taste the same things. This is apparently why men tend to drink bitter drinks like beer and whisky (which do not taste bitter to them) and women tend to prefer sweeter ones like Bailey's and pina colada! I know which camp I'm in, lol!

Reactions: Debi and Selectric
I can tolerate an anchovy or two, provided I was warned in advance!

I don't usually consume alcohol, but once in a while I enjoy a Sam Adams winter lager. Once I had to attend a Christmas party at the home of Mr. Garnet's boss. I couldn't stand his wife and she couldn't stand me, so I made Mr. Garnet promise to leave after twenty minutes. I was so stressed that he took me out to supper and I had my first taste of winter lager. I usually don't like beer, but that one was an exception!