What I saw I can't explain

Veritas Venandi

Reaction score
Earlier this year I was heading to the local shop when I heard a low deep humming. This humming felt like it vibrating my head.

I looked up and in the sky moving slowly was this huge object. It had a rectangular shape to the main part and then an longer thinner rectangle shape on either side. The object looked metallic and was moving very slowly.

No one else seemed to be looking at it or even notice anything was in the sky. I stood and stared for a few minutes then it just disappeared. The noise/vibration went and all I was left with was a headache and a confusion to what I just saw.

This happened 6 months ago and still I can't get my head around it. I just wanted to share my experience with you all.

Earlier this year I was heading to the local shop when I heard a low deep humming. This humming felt like it vibrating my head.

I looked up and in the sky moving slowly was this huge object. It had a rectangular shape to the main part and then an longer thinner rectangle shape on either side. The object looked metallic and was moving very slowly.

No one else seemed to be looking at it or even notice anything was in the sky. I stood and stared for a few minutes then it just disappeared. The noise/vibration went and all I was left with was a headache and a confusion to what I just saw.

This happened 6 months ago and still I can't get my head around it. I just wanted to share my experience with you all.
Hi VV. I have not had this experience, but it sounds similar to ones that I have read about. Thanks for sharing.

Would you provide more details, please. Date/time/location, weather conditions, direction of travel of the object, best guess at size and speed of the object, etc. Did you see it through any optical devices, or only the naked eye? Any colors discernable? Lights on the object? Any photos? Were you alone at the time of the sighting? Any other details you can recall?

Have you got any info or links on the similar stories you've heard?

Date January 2018
Time approx 13:30
Was fairly bright sunny day considering it was January. Moving very slowly towards me. There were no lights I could see but I could make out windows I believe. The size seemed huge and unfortunately I never had my phone on me to get a pic.

Reactions: Charleh
Where did this occur? What was the direction of travel?

Have you gone to the NUFORC to see if anyone else reported the object?

The sighting happened in North East UK. Near grimsby.

I've not checked to see if anyone else has reported it. Other than telling my wife posting on this forum is the first time I've mentioned it

Welcome to the forum, Veritas. In my own sighting years ago, I described an inner "thrumming"....not really a sound, but almost an inner vibration. It left me somewhat ill for awhile once it stopped. Here's a link to that.

Debi's Triangle UFO story

I know Grimsby. It's reasonably close to several major airbases, especially Scunthorpe which is (or was) used as a USAF special ops training facility. Which direction was the object traveling when you saw it? Was it heading inland north, south, or west) or out over the water (east)?

There was only one UFO sighting in the NUFORC database for Jan 2018 in the UK, but nothing close to what you describe. I don't know any of the UK UFO groups like I once did, but a quick Google search should turn a group in the vicinity of the sighting. Might be worth contacting them to see if any one else reported what you saw.

Reactions: Seahunter