What Have You Learned from the ParaNormal Forum ?

I will do that.
Well, I cannot. Netfix bought the rights and you must now pay for it.

BUT, the idea here is there is always room for one more on the broom the friendly witch rides. No one is left behind, everyone is loved and respected, and all are FAMILY. This is what I have always hoped our forum is to people who climb on the broom with me.

i joined 5 years ago, had given up on most paranormal forums for a few years beforehand, but for whatever reasons there seemed to be a call to find something. (wasnt expecting to find another paranormal forum actually...lol)...sounds kinda silly i guess, or strange, maybe unexplainable would be more fitting...but, i learned a looooooong time ago to just go with it...the meaning would come, or not, but the reasons were or are what matters most. sometimes these "callings" come about to place you where you are meant to be at that certain point in time, whether its a forum, a game, or in real physical life, which can be a little more complicated....lol....perhaps the reason is for me to stay in touch with more of that other side, to continue to grow and learn. or to meet others on the same path, to learn from some and to maybe be able to say the right thing to others....whatever the reasons be, i am glad i found this "home" and met the people here.

For me, the greatest thing that this and similar places have done for me is the knowledge that I am not alone in experiencing things that were in the past considered unreal. When I was a kid and started experiencing things my mom told me not to ever talk about it or people would think that I was crazy. This made me think that maybe I WAS crazy. If it was so bad that I couldn't even talk about it, it couldn't be a good thing!!!

When you are a kid you assume that everyone sees and senses the world as you do. It didn't take long once I started to go to school and widen my experiences to figure out that this was not even close to true. Not everyone experiences time in a strictly linear fashion.

I am relatively new here, so I cannot speak much as to why I stayed. However, as with many replies above, there is the realization that with many of my other social circles (family, friends, coworkers, scientists, etc) I would be shunned and laughed at if I tried discussing these issues ... in fact, I might be accepted better in those groups if I just yelled there are demons everywhere ... so it is great to find a community that understands these issues and, even more, has experienced such themselves.

Thanks to Paul for finding the song about Room on the Broom. Although the movie itself is unavailable, at least this tells the story very nicely!
Yes, it's a child's story, but...aren't we all children learning daily? Climb on the broom with me. There's always room for everybody.

Almost as soon as I joined this forum, I realised that the people here were warm, friendly and non-judgemental. It's literally the most welcoming forum I've ever known, with the loveliest people. That is why I have stayed and hope to for a very long time. It's a bright spot in my day.

I know that if I post here with a query, strange story or experience, I will get many considered and genuinely helpful answers, often in the form of more questions. And that is how we learn, especially in the field of the paranormal - we must question our experiences with an open mind, in order to try to discern the truth, whatever that might be.

I have learned, from all of you here, so much about the areas where you live, the foods you like and don't like (blue cheese comes off rather badly!) and the music and TV shows you love and hate. I have learned, above all, that no matter where we are from in the world and whatever our different tastes, we can all come together on this forum and laugh and commiserate with each other, whilst helping each other out and sharing in a genuine sense of community.

Many of us have come from different parts of the world, come to PNF for differing reasons. We all landed here. What new skills do you have ? What have you learned about yourself ? What have you learned about others ? Do you know why you chose this site or, perhaps why this site, this forum, this group of members chose you ?

I had to take a minute or five (days) after coming to this thread the first time... to collect myself and my emotions.... these questions slammed me a the wild wind on the deep seas... and sent me tumbling back back back to the first moment I entered this door, so so so weary and unbelievably lonely... until this moment... right now. Talk about your life flashing before your eyes. lol

HOW I got here is a paranormal story all its own. What I found here was nothing short of Hope. Renewel. Trust. Tribe.

Why I remain here is - You. All of You.

There are truly no words to define, nor enough time in all The Great Mystery to share them if there were ~ the Gifts I have been granted since arriving, the lessons I learn from each and everyone of you, the strength I gained, when I had no more to give.

I can think of no greater Honor I have been afforded... then to have had this time to Walk among you. Be accepted. To Belong. To be Home.

Okay... that's enough... What? No, of course not! I simply have something in my eye. Okay - Both eyes. What? It can happen. :eyes: Okay... Debi, we need a grumpy face thingy... how am I suppose to be a grumpy Warrior... grumpy OLD Warrior... without a grumpy face thingy?

Xavier Rudd - Spirit Bird (Bing Lounge)