What has stung you?

I've had my share of bees, wasps, hornets and the like. I've also been bit by a black widow spider and have a nasty scar on my leg from a brown recluse bite where the doctor had to remove a section of flesh to keep the toxin from spreading.

Then there was the time in the Army we were running squad drills in the desert and were warned to watch out for snakes. It was in Texas so rattlers were not an uncommon sight. I was running for cover behind a mesquite bush and dropped to my belly in a firing position, like this.
1681756386754.png

At that moment I felt two sharp, needle like punctures in my leg. It hurt, but I was more angry than hurt and I twisted around ready smash a snake with my rifle and start calling for a medic. But there was no snake, it was a thorny branch that I landed on and two of them went into my leg about an inch apart. So no snake actually got me but for a split second I thought I was in serious trouble.
1681756386754.png

Not much Lynne, lol. I was just having a coffee on the porch and there were about 50 of these wasps buzzing around, looking for spiders I think. If you don't go near their nest they are ok, and don't make any sudden moves, lol.
Becareful out there Oz

Reactions: ozentity