What happens to an old ghost?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I was asked this question, and several more like it, by someone recently. I gave them my very wisdom like "I don't know!"

Why don't we see ghosts from 2,000 years ago? Do they cross over eventually? Does their energy just dissipate? Is there a life span on being a ghost?

Thoughts?

Reactions: Lynne
They may have a limit themselves and cross over after all at some point once any business (if any) has been concluded.

Reactions: Debi
I read that there are ghosts, and then there are "imprints" of events that can last hundreds of years. I agree with Wolf, that maybe once their business has been concluded, or somebody helps them to cross over, they can then leave.

Reactions: Lynne and Lone Wolf
This is a good question. I have no idea. I guess I always thought it was about free will and up to the soul when they were ready to move on.

My belief is similar, any spirits who don't cross-over immediately are probably in a self-imposed purgatory of sorts, or are keeping watch on someone. Eventually all get judged and head to their Final Destination sooner or later, willingly or not.
Some spirits are apparently kept from crossing by other, malevolent spirits, and I suspect even the captives get released when their oppressor is finally taken for judgement.

I keep hoping that we are not bound to the immediate vicinity of earth as spirits. It's a big universe and I'd like to see what's out there.

My belief is similar, any spirits who don't cross-over immediately are probably in a self-imposed purgatory of sorts, or are keeping watch on someone. Eventually all get judged and head to their Final Destination sooner or later, willingly or not.
Some spirits are apparently kept from crossing by other, malevolent spirits, and I suspect even the captives get released when their oppressor is finally taken for judgement.

I keep hoping that we are not bound to the immediate vicinity of earth as spirits. It's a big universe and I'd like to see what's out there.
The writings of Edgar Cayce expresses the belief that we can incarnate on other planets! Wouldn't that be cool!

Reactions: GoneWestUtah