What happened when I was seven

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by Benway, Nov 22, 2017.

1. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I can appreciate your concern about the possible misuse of hypnosis. I did some hypnosis work for self-help when I was 20 and it can be a powerful technique for focusing your intent. However, I suspect but don’t have any evidence that hypnosis could be used to create false memories. My only suggestion based upon that limited personal experience is that if hypnosis is going to be tried to access memories, it should be done with a reputable practitioner who knows the exact intent/goal. In my own hypnoidal mediations I certainly used visualizations that caused me some confusion during my waking hours for most of a two week period. I was able to easily undo the effects once I recognized what I had done. No long lasting effects came from that. But it taught me to be more specific, more clear about what I visualize during meditation.

7Christie likes this.
  2. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Mr. Benway, glad to read your recent sharings.

I’m interested in UFO and cryptozoology stuff. I was much more interested in both when I was younger before I got sucked up into all that is spirit and psi. I’ve run out of time and brain-space for studying those other areas but always looking to read more on both. I shared that caveat because I’m turning inputs back to what I know more about.

I cannot help you rule out the idea of a UFO/ET being at the root of your experience. But the fact that you would have focused on that as the source back then is reasonable not only because of your interests in the topic and not only because there was a lot in the public/commercial arenas about UFOs back then. As material creatures - with material bodies - it can be generally easier to think about material causes for an experience like yours.

Because I’ve grown more experienced in and comfortable with non-material areas over the past 40 years, I’m more confident sharing ideas from related disciplines. So for near term Benway, I’ll continue to share like inputs to your posts.

Hey I like too that you crafted your experience for reuse in your religious studies class. Heck, if an ET walked out of a UFO right into your bedroom and handed you a business card, I’d think you’d be right to author that into a religious studies essay too.

Benway likes this.
  3. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

It’s possible it was not aliens. Perhaps you have a gift and at times can connect to another dimension or to deceased spirits.

Benway and WitchAndShaman like this.
  4. Benway

Benway
    Expand Collapse
    "........."

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. It's very much appreciated! WanndS, your thoughtful responses are very welcome. My thoughts on this have changed over the years with subsequent experience and research and I now think E.T.s from the planet Remulac is deeply unlikely and unsupported by any evidence at all. Lynne, your 'gift' comment is interesting. I'm not sure why it is that I've experienced such odd things when most don't, but there must be some reason. However, I've only experienced things in certain areas, so I think perhaps that rather than me being the focal point, that it was an interaction between me and the area around my house, the church and the park. I've read some interesting things about 'window areas' where UFO reports seem to abound and everyone knows about hauntings.

Other dimensions are a tricky thing to really wrap our heads around, but boil down to here put imperceptible, so maybe. Spirits of the dead I had honestly never considered.

5. Armand

Armand
    Expand Collapse
    Dilectis Dei
    Tier-1 Mod

I know one important thing about God. We each need to develop our own relationship with God it comes from a higher learning for me. I had to be at my lowest to turn and ask for Gods help that is a story I dont care to get into all the time (Most of the time)I know now that it's okay to be myself no matter what I feel do or say God is with me because I ask him to be.

My Father was a preacher I know god differently than he did because I am a different person.

Lynne, WitchAndShaman and 7Christie like this.
  6. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Thanks again Benway for your continued respectful responses and sharing. You offer so many ideas in such a small amount of text that it makes me want to respond with a thesis. Lot of ideas we could discuss.

Let me share quick inputs on two or three. First the quote above. Are you sharing that most of the people that you know - like families and mates - don’t seem to have these occurrences? I believe that more people than we know have, for example, psychic capabilities but either don’t themselves ever have the inputs reach their consciousness, some do but don’t want to discuss or admit it, and others doubt and actively dismiss them. Like just about anything not just the paranormal, polled and published statistics are probably artificially low.

Or maybe you’re implying that your own occurrences are “too” odd. I’ll be happy to compare weird with you on any thread. Don’t feel alone with the weird. :p

If you have dimensional ideas you want to discuss, bring them on. I’m interested. I suspect that our consciousness’ (plural) can be a possible cause for multiple intersecting dimensions.

I get the idea from your tone that your searching for the reasons for these activities. Me too. Many of us might help to find the answers together.

#16 WitchAndShaman, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I hope your unique relationship with your god is loving and rewarding Armand.

I think my relationship was only realized at about age 35. Quite literally out of nowhere I had an emotionally charged epiphany. I was high as a kite (without ingesting any mind altering substances) for about three days. I felt connected to everyone and everything that entire time. Sad to say the truth but I chose to work actively and aggressively to get back to feeling normal out of a fear that my newly perceived divine connection might lead me into insanity or into a state of grandeur and indifference to the mundane. Though I suppressed a part of that experience, I can still feel my connection to divinity.

Thank you Armand for sharing that your divinity could be realized even at the bottom of your life.

Debi and Lynne like this.
  8. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider
    Tier-1 Mod

Wow Wands it had to be really wonderful to have had such a connection to God. Most of us live on faith, but to have proof has to be wonderful and life affirming.

WitchAndShaman likes this.
  9. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

My perception of the connectivity was real - the feelings were real - and my conscious decision to feel differently was real too. However, I can’t unbiasedly be certain that something outside of myself changed Lynne. But inside then as today I do believe I have a materially deeper connection to my own divinity, one which I hope other people can get to feel for themself.

Lynne and Debi like this.
  10. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Lynne, let me add that based only upon my own, first-person experiences let me offer that I believe one’s connection to the divine can only come from first accepting that there really does exist a larger more encompassing and inclusive divinity, second that each of us are part of it, and last that each of us can feel that connection if we allow it.

I think that sounds a lot like faith. However, what I believe comes in three pieces not just one or two parts.

I think there could be one more important piece. In about 1994 I made a conscious decision not to lie - not even little white lies - any more. This includes not propagating even distant past statements and stories which I perceive could be false. This is not the same as being brutally honest. Like if my girlfriend asked, “Does this skirt make my butt look big?”, I would be very careful about how I answer because I elect not to lie but that doesn’t imply I have to be mean too. I could not respond in a way designed to give her an opportunity to come to the wrong impression - my response must be materially factual. But I still don’t have to be mean...unless I really intended my honest response to be hurtful.

At the point I made the choice to always tell the truth - which honestly is not easy to do cold turkey - the entire universe seemed to open up to me. It was after 1994 that my personal epiphany occurred; I was already at least one year down my journey of truth by that time.

My own perception is that it is factually difficult to be well connected to the divine and not be honest about the truths of that divine too.

#20 WitchAndShaman, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Lynne and Debi like this.