What experiences brought me here...

Have you ever tried using music with your animals?

My cat enjoys being a backup singer, especially when I'm trying to record lol. I do use my music to calm down my animals sometimes. There're usually one or two songs that really lull my cat to sleep. That's all that I've done with animals and music, though

Reactions: 7Critter
My cat enjoys being a backup singer, especially when I'm trying to record lol. I do use my music to calm down my animals sometimes. There're usually one or two songs that really lull my cat to sleep. That's all that I've done with animals and music, though
You know you’re good when the animals love your music

Hello all,

New member here! I have always been fascinated by the paranormal (and extraterrestrial) since I can remember. Bigfoot is my favorite mystery of them all, yet Bigfoot did not lead me here. I've had multiple experiences, some similar and some not, that have made me believe in the paranormal. I would very much like to share them with you.

My first experiences occurred when I was growing up. My family had a black cat since I was born, Felicia, who passed away. This cat enjoyed our basement a great deal. Several months after she was gone, I went down the basement steps. When I looked, there was a black cat in the darkness. I could see yellow eyes, and our cat's eyes had been yellow. When I blinked, it was gone. I began seeing the cat over and over again, yet nothing was there. Even stranger, my brother was seeing a black cat. I hadn't told him that I was seeing one. That was the first thing to make me become interested in exploring ghosts, hauntings, spirits, and all that jazz.

As an animal lover, and child of an animal lover, I've always had pets. One of our pets had a heart condition and had to be rushed to the vet. I refused to go inside of the examination room with my family since it was just too painful. While in the waiting area, a woman with a dog sat next to me. She stayed with me and chatted with me, which kept me from falling apart completely. My mother called for me. I stood up and walked towards my mother. When I looked back to thank the woman, she and her dog were gone. The walls were nothing but glass and looked over the entire parking lot. Still, I didn't see her or the dog anywhere. It was as if she'd shown up to be there for somebody in their time of need and then disappeared. It was utterly bizarre. I wonder if I'm crazy sometimes, but I still can't explain it.

I often wondered if these things were just the imagination of a child, but I've had experiences as an adult of a different nature.

Several years ago, I was in a very bad place in my life, so I went to the chapel nearby and had a seat inside. I was the only person in the entire building. I started to speak out loud to sort of talk to the universe. I specifically mentioned a sense of isolation, of needing somebody to be there for me. That's when I felt something touch my shoulder. I felt an arm around me and could sense someone beside me. I could feel the temperature change. I know beyond a doubt that something was there. I don't know who or what it was, but it made me a true believer in the paranormal. (I've had many more experiences too, but this one is the biggest and most life changing event)

As for me, I lead a quiet life. I work for the government. I have eight pets. I'm a writer and musician. And, I'm always up for conversation and new friends.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome Believer to PNF. I came here looking for inputs in third quarter of 2017 after a life of frequent psychic occurrences. I learned years ago that I was not nuts nor was I imaging things either. Just helps to discuss ideas with others here. All of us will share openly with you.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Welcome Believer. I’m a bit late to this discussion but I’m a cryptdid fan too. I agree with the above on your expierences.

By the way your avatar nor your name tells if your a lady or a guy. It’s nice to know who we’re talking to.

Several years ago, I was in a very bad place in my life, so I went to the chapel nearby and had a seat inside. I was the only person in the entire building. I started to speak out loud to sort of talk to the universe. I specifically mentioned a sense of isolation, of needing somebody to be there for me. That's when I felt something touch my shoulder. I felt an arm around me and could sense someone beside me. I could feel the temperature change. I know beyond a doubt that something was there. I don't know who or what it was, but it made me a true believer in the paranormal. (I've had many more experiences too, but this one is the biggest and most life changing event)
Hello Bigfoot Believer! This quoted part strikes a huge chord with me. I had an experience once when I was in a similar state of mind at a similar place (the grounds of a cathedral for me, though I wasn't and still aren't Christian as such). For my part I brushed with something. Not an angel though! It was like feeling the presence of everybody in the world in one and understanding that I was part of it too and not alone. It's hard to describe but it did change my life. It saved it really. What struck me was that you called out to the universe because you thought you were alone. One thing I got over all from my experience was that we aren't. We're all connected and the sum of those parts is hurt by our separation and the being/everybody that touched me would hug anyone of us in that situation if s/he could but there just seem to be times and places and the rest of the time people just wander around unaware.

This is a hell of a way to say hello to you and it probably sounds bizarre even to people here who know me. I don't think I've described it well or done anything justice and don't think I could. Perhaps you felt something different anyway, though I hope not. Something like that is really to be treasured. But if it was that then remember that it's always a part of you and everyone around you even if you can't feel it. And if you were comforted by something else then it's still all of that.

Pleased to meet you! I usually just do jokes and chat!

Last edited:
Hello Bigfoot Believer! This quoted part strikes a huge chord with me. I had an experience once when I was in a similar state of mind at a similar place (the grounds of a cathedral for me, though I wasn't and still aren't Christian as such). For my part I brushed with something. Not an angel though! It was like feeling the presence of everybody in the world in one and understanding that I was part of it too and not alone. It's hard to describe but it did change my life. It saved it really. What struck me was that you called out to the universe because you thought you were alone. One thing I got over all from my experience was that we aren't. We're all connected and the sum of those parts is hurt by our separation and the being/everybody that touched me would hug anyone of us in that situation if s/he could but there just seem to be times and places and the rest of the time people just wander around unaware.

This is a hell of a way to say hello to you and it probably sounds bizarre even to people here who know me. I don't think I've described it well or done anything justice and don't think I could. Perhaps you felt something different anyway, though I hope not. Something like that is really to be treasured. But if it was that then remember that it's always a part of you and everyone around you even if you can't feel it. And if you were comforted by something else then it's still all of that.

THAT was a beautiful description, Benway. The concept of Oneness is hard to understand sometimes, and you nailed it.

Hello! Your reply gave me chills. It is always wonderful to realize that we aren't alone. I appreciate this response very much. It's nice meeting you too!

Benway Id personally call that a step toward enlightenment. I’ve had that a few times. And sometimes it comes into us at the strangest times. Glad you shared that!

Hi BigFoot!
Welcome!
IMO, you did see YOUR cat and you were, for sure comforted by a loved one, angel or guide when you needed it most.
My dog, Morty passed away about five years ago. After he passed , he would visit me every week but as the years have passed his visits come just when I really need him. I always know its him because I get the tingles on a very specicfc part of my leg.....like he is rubbing or leaning up against me. I also feel the tingles on the left side of my face and head....like he is nuzzling me.

Hi BigFoot!
Welcome!
IMO, you did see YOUR cat and you were, for sure comforted by a loved one, angel or guide when you needed it most.
My dog, Morty passed away about five years ago. After he passed , he would visit me every week but as the years have passed his visits come just when I really need him. I always know its him because I get the tingles on a very specicfc part of my leg.....like he is rubbing or leaning up against me. I also feel the tingles on the left side of my face and head....like he is nuzzling me.

So sawwwwweeeeeet. I love that Aces. Do think Marty knows he’s in spirit and visits you with specific purpose? Or is in-spirit Morty just following living Morty’s familiar routines?

Reactions: Debi and Lynne