What experiences brought me here...

Reaction score
Hello all,

New member here! I have always been fascinated by the paranormal (and extraterrestrial) since I can remember. Bigfoot is my favorite mystery of them all, yet Bigfoot did not lead me here. I've had multiple experiences, some similar and some not, that have made me believe in the paranormal. I would very much like to share them with you.

My first experiences occurred when I was growing up. My family had a black cat since I was born, Felicia, who passed away. This cat enjoyed our basement a great deal. Several months after she was gone, I went down the basement steps. When I looked, there was a black cat in the darkness. I could see yellow eyes, and our cat's eyes had been yellow. When I blinked, it was gone. I began seeing the cat over and over again, yet nothing was there. Even stranger, my brother was seeing a black cat. I hadn't told him that I was seeing one. That was the first thing to make me become interested in exploring ghosts, hauntings, spirits, and all that jazz.

As an animal lover, and child of an animal lover, I've always had pets. One of our pets had a heart condition and had to be rushed to the vet. I refused to go inside of the examination room with my family since it was just too painful. While in the waiting area, a woman with a dog sat next to me. She stayed with me and chatted with me, which kept me from falling apart completely. My mother called for me. I stood up and walked towards my mother. When I looked back to thank the woman, she and her dog were gone. The walls were nothing but glass and looked over the entire parking lot. Still, I didn't see her or the dog anywhere. It was as if she'd shown up to be there for somebody in their time of need and then disappeared. It was utterly bizarre. I wonder if I'm crazy sometimes, but I still can't explain it.

I often wondered if these things were just the imagination of a child, but I've had experiences as an adult of a different nature.

Several years ago, I was in a very bad place in my life, so I went to the chapel nearby and had a seat inside. I was the only person in the entire building. I started to speak out loud to sort of talk to the universe. I specifically mentioned a sense of isolation, of needing somebody to be there for me. That's when I felt something touch my shoulder. I felt an arm around me and could sense someone beside me. I could feel the temperature change. I know beyond a doubt that something was there. I don't know who or what it was, but it made me a true believer in the paranormal. (I've had many more experiences too, but this one is the biggest and most life changing event)

As for me, I lead a quiet life. I work for the government. I have eight pets. I'm a writer and musician. And, I'm always up for conversation and new friends.

Thanks for reading!

You went to a chapel looking for comfort. I really do think that was an angel behind you.

As for seeing your cat in the basement, it’s possible to see a loved one that isn’t there anymore. A few years ago grieving the loss of a friend, I could have sworn I saw him walk into a store I was in. I don’t think you were seeing things though, because in my opinion it’s a little strange to see your cat multiple times. Especially if you didn’t suffer from any mental illness as a child.

You do the lord’s work by taking care of his creatures. They’d surely pay you back with their presence in the next life. You can be assured that you’re never really alone.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Believer, and welcome to the forum. I agree with Charleh. I do believe you have had angels visit. I find it lovely that you have such a connection to animals, btw. We are all huge animal lovers here on the forum. I've had several animal visitations myself, and believe they return to give us some comfort and remind us there is a life beyond this realm. Sort of mini angels. :)

Writer and musician! Excellent! Now, what kind of music?

Hi Believer, and welcome to the forum. I agree with Charleh. I do believe you have had angels visit. I find it lovely that you have such a connection to animals, btw. We are all huge animal lovers here on the forum. I've had several animal visitations myself, and believe they return to give us some comfort and remind us there is a life beyond this realm. Sort of mini angels. :)

Writer and musician! Excellent! Now, what kind of music?

Hello! I play guitar, piano, ukulele, mandolin, and I sing. I perform acoustic music that's mostly country/folk, and I play mostly songs that I've written.

Nice to meet you!

Hello! I play guitar, piano, ukulele, mandolin, and I sing. I perform acoustic music that's mostly country/folk, and I play mostly songs that I've written.

Nice to meet you!
Nice! You sound multi talented to play that many instruments. My daughter in law has her masters in music and plays pretty much every instrument out there, with piano being her focus instrument. She is concert level. It amazes me how some people just make the music come alive and have such a natural talent for it. You seem to fit that bill quite well.

Hi Believer, welcome to the forum :). I'm certain what you saw in your basement was your cat. I've also always had pets my entire life and over the years a number of them have passed. When the paranormal activity by me spiked, especially in 2010/2011, we would often hear the pitter-patter of dog walking on the tiles in the house, sometimes going right passed us by inches but there were no dogs in sight. As for your experience in the chapel, I agree with the forum and would say that was an angel present, which is really amazing.

Reactions: BigfootBeliever79
When I read your thread title, BigfootBeliever79, I thought that it was another of Debi ' s and starting to mentally prepare a reply. Good question, I thought. Art Bell and his radio programs brought me here. I had a number of web forums to choose from. Perhaps the "air of goodness" at this site drew me.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the PNF, BigfootBeliever79. I, like others believe that an angel or some entity that looks out for you surrounds you and comforts you in your time of need.

Welcome to the ParaNormalForum (PNF)

When I read your thread title, BigfootBeliever79, I thought that it was another of Debi ' s and starting to mentally prepare a reply. Good question, I thought. Art Bell and his radio programs brought me here. I had a number of web forums to choose from. Perhaps the "air of goodness" at this site drew me.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the PNF, BigfootBeliever79. I, like others believe that an angel or some entity that looks out for you surrounds you and comforts you in your time of need.

Welcome to the ParaNormalForum (PNF)

Thank you very much! I'm glad to be here :)

Reactions: 7Critter