What does this symbol mean?

20,000 years ago when our ancestors first drew these spirals on the cave walls, I'm not so sure if they were going in towards the circle or out away from the dot.

Paint, is it possible too that some ambidextrous homo-whatever-tus used one hand to draw the circle starting in the center and the other hand to start on the outside working in such that their two hands meet up somewhere along the way?

Reactions: Tia and Paintman
Paint, is it possible too that some ambidextrous homo-whatever-tus used one hand to draw the circle starting in the center and the other hand to start on the outside working in such that their two hands meet up somewhere along the way?
I'm going to sit in my little corner until you tell me that me and Ben's Duran Duran records are wound up tight.
That doesn't make sense.?
I'm not sure which way the circle Spins
And I like girls and Duran Duran. And Benway.

Last edited:
I'm going to sit in my little corner until you tell me that me and Ben's Duran Duran records are wound up tight.
so is starting at the center and working outward the opposite as starting outward and spiraling to the center... you know is one way the glass half full and the other way the glass half empty.....does it say something about your psyche....

Reactions: Paintman
so is starting at the center and working outward the opposite as starting outward and spiraling to the center... you know is one way the glass half full and the other way the glass half empty.....does it say something about your psyche....
Actually, yes. When you walk (or draw) counter-clockwise it's called widdershins. To move clockwise is deosil. In the northern hemisphere, widdershins banishes energy. Doesil raises energy .

Reactions: Paulm
Actually, yes. When you walk (or draw) counter-clockwise it's called widdershins. To move clockwise is deosil. In the northern hemisphere, widdershins banishes energy. Doesil raises energy .

My god it's been a lifetime since I've heard those terms Debi. Thanks for sharing them here. I really must find a way to trivialize my techno-babble mundane world and get back to more mystical matters. Until then I'll just be widdershins-ing along.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
My god it's been a lifetime since I've heard those terms Debi. Thanks for sharing them here. I really must find a way to trivialize my techno-babble mundane world and get back to more mystical matters. Until then I'll just be widdershins-ing along.
Happy to share! :)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
There's a difference between what a thing symbolises and what it means.
This design could symbolise any number of things; from the different levels of existence that form during the process of spirit gradually evolving into matter, to a bed spring, xx

There's a difference between what a thing symbolises and what it means.
This design could symbolise any number of things; from the different levels of existence that form during the process of spirit gradually evolving into matter, to a bed spring, xx
That is why I think only the expierencer can look at all the options presented and determine what the answer is for themself.

I see this is a type of personal sigil. It was either given to bring renewal, healing, balance or inspiration to look deeper into a personal spirituality. It doesn’t matter where the inspiration for its creation came from, the inner man or outer God. The point is it has inspired you and all of us here to think on such things. What an excellent discussion. Thank you.