What does it take?

Well said, Crux. I've had many experiences over the years and I have to agree with you totally. The events normally are brief, unlike what you see in the movies. Then you get to decide if you are going crazy or you are going to accept it actually was paranormal. And those that don't want to know often have an amazing way of wiping the entire event from their memories. I've often wondered if that may be an actual side effect of the phenomenon.
That's something I've wondered about, did the entity or whatever wipe it from their mind or is it the mind not accepting it and ignoring it?
im not sure if its a side effect of whatever situation or just self preservation/writing it off as something else or what. but i think more the writing it off/ignoring and forgetting it more than the other of it being "wiped" from memory...
encounters with ghosts or spirits are not as common as what it seems on the shows or movies, and as you state Debi, are usually quite brief and undramatic overall.
and then theres the part of you guys being more in tune with your senses than those around you, so while others may also get a glimpse, that is the end of it. where as, you not only get a glimpse but also "feel" whatever it may be. or maybe even more, such as smell, or hear.... but that feeling.., of emotion, pain, a presence, etc... is something that cant be forgotten or written of so easily....

That's something I've wondered about, did the entity or whatever wipe it from their mind or is it the mind not accepting it and ignoring it?
I have noticed this is especially true of time related events like time slips or glitches. If you don't repeat the event to commit it to memory it fades. writing it down is the only way to preserve the memory.

Reactions: Paulm