What do you think the best evidence or argument is that Egyptians had advanced technology?

Do want to throw one more thing across this path of conversation. How do you explain the pyramids around the world in so many different cultures? Did everyone suddenly have the same idea across the world?
Karl Jung's suggestion of The Collective Unconscious seems more logical than ancient ocean crossing vessels carrying engineers w/ blueprints on how to build them. Same with the bow & arrow, agriculture, walled cities,......... my 2 cents.:)
And the 100th monkey phenomenon.
Ravosky, I like your stuff.

Reactions: Debi
There is a Stonehenge here in the US as well.

I do get your point. Understand that I'm not convinced one way or the other! I'm open to any and all possibilities. The problem we face, IMO, is we don't have enough facts on any particular theory. It's all supposition, even what you propose about traveling societies from place one to place 2.
A problem with disproving ancient Astronauts is that it means proving a negative, which is hard to do. How can you prove that 4500 years ago an alien didn't descend, give a present of a laser tool to Egyptians that automatically vanished after 500 years, and tell the Egyptians never to write about it?
One way people try to do this is with Occam's razor- it's simpler to imagine 100,000+ Egyptians pulling stones and pooling their craftsmanship than it is to imagine an alien gave a laser.

Karl Jung's suggestion of The Collective Unconscious seems more logical
Actually, new studies from a quantum physics view now seem to be showing support scientifically for this theory. It's still theory, but we're finally getting some science behind the assumption.

One way people try to do this is with Occam's razor-
I do not say this in a frivolous way, BUT, raising four teenage boys has proven to me that Occam's razor is not always a valid approach.

New article I stumbled across today, Rak...

NASA Claims: Over 30 ADVANCED civilizations have COLLAPSED before us – Are we next? | Ancient Code

Excerpt:

Many scientists argue that it is difficult to overlook the sheer number of repeating patterns in most of these civilizations, and a study partially funded by NASA provides us with evidence that there are certain (chaotic) characteristics present in ancient cultures that lived on Earth thousands of years ago and eventually disappeared.

This is considered by many people as a sign that clearly states that ancient civilizations have reset a number of times.

In the report, applied mathematician Safa Motesharri and his “Human and Nature Dynamical” model claims that “the process of rise-and-collapse is actually a recurrent cycle found throughout history.”

“The fall of the Roman Empire and the equally (if not more) advanced Han, Mauryan, and Gupta Empires, as well as so many advanced Mesopotamian Empires, are all testimony to the fact that advanced, sophisticated, complex, and creative civilizations can be both fragile and impermanent.”

In the study, we find that“Technological change can raise the efficiency of resource use, but it also tends to raise both per capita resource consumption and the scale of resource extraction, so that, absent policy effects, the increases in consumption often compensate for the increased efficiency of resource use.”

Welcome Rakovsky! What a fun question. There are lots of evidences already mentioned here. I agree the peremids are probsbly the best evidence. Another might be the huge tunnel systems around the planet. It may not fit with the Egyptions but is still evidence of advance tech before our historical records.

Reactions: Debi