What do you MISS right now?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I ASKED IN AN EARLIER THREAD WHAT YOU CRAVE, NOW I ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU MISS?

I MISS ORDERING MY GROCERIES AND BEING ABLE TO GET WHAT I WANT. HALF OF WHAT I NORMALLY ORDER I CAN'T GET, THE OTHER HALF HAS SUBSTITUTES MOST TIMES.

AND I MISS THAT OVERALL SENSE OF "NORMAL." THE NOT GOING INTO A PANIC WHEN I READ THE HEADLINES.

HOW ABOUT YOU? WHAT DO YOU MISS RIGHT NOW?

Credit for the question goes to Paintman

I miss the overall sense of normal, most of all. I miss the library. I miss shopping at the farmer's market, browsing the wealth of goods available. I don't want to ever see another face mask, unless I am having surgery!

Lynne, Indiana is lightyears less restricted than Michigan. The hardware stores will sell you everything, no bans on plants & seeds. Lakes and golf open. So in the big picture I'm doing pretty well. Some people are moving into their weekend houses here a little early.
But I'm only leaving the house once or twice a week.
I do miss going to the grocery store every other day or so to buy fresh produce. Seeing Mom 3-4 days a week.

Lynne, Indiana is lightyears less restricted than Michigan. The hardware stores will sell you everything, no bans on plants & seeds. Lakes and golf open. So in the big picture I'm doing pretty well. Some people are moving into their weekend houses here a little early.
But I'm only leaving the house once or twice a week.
I do miss going to the grocery store every other day or so to buy fresh produce. Seeing Mom 3-4 days a week.
That varies by county, Paint. Our hardware stores here are pick up orders only right now. And our golf courses are closed.

Reactions: Benway and Paintman
I am well and truly blessed in this. the only thing that I miss is the parties that my family of friends usually have once a month. Where we live there are no shortages of food in the grocery stores that effect us. My daughter and her family live right beside me so I see them every day. Since most of our income is fixed retirement income except for my Wifes one day a week job we are not affected adversely by this. The place where my wife worked told her to apply for unemployment for her lost wages and she got that so money is no problem. The fact that we are not going anywhere means that we are not spending much.

What we are doing since we are not having any problem with money is spending our excess and all of our various stimulus funds in cash at strictly local places that we want to help. we let a local restaurant that is doing take out only now cater our Easter Dinner. A local pizza place feeds my family at least once a week. I am taking my stimulus check and having some work done on my truck and boat at again locally owned places.

The only thing that is hard to find is TOILET paper. I DO NOT understand what the fascination is with toilet paper of all things. We bought groceries just before this started and did buy another package when it started to look like it was going to be a problem but we still have not touched that yet. When you live 25 miles from the big stores you don't buy those little four-packs.

Where I live, country people tend to have big freezers and keep a lot of meat on hand. Where I am they sell meat packages with a month's worth of food all in the package... steaks, ground meat, chicken, bacon, pork chops, and sausage in links and pan sausage all in one package that weighs about 30 to 50 pounds. Food is just not an issue for people like us.

I guess that the only other thing that I miss is going to the restaurants.