What Do Dreams Mean?

I have always had dreams, most are strange and don't seem to have meaning but then there are others that are long, complex, and almost make sense in a twisted way. Last night was one of those. I was at a hardware store buying something, I don't remember what. When I was dame and went to leave my truck was gone. I just freaked because my truck for many years has been my rolling office and carried both my many tools and many parts for the things that I worked on. I started to search for it. But then suddenly realized/remembered that I have retired and the tools and parts are not in the truck anymore. The relief was amazing I realized that I not only didn't need the truck anymore but also was past ready to buy a new one. I didn't need the same sort of vehicle anymore. The dream faded leaving me feeling content and at peace.

Getting old for a man that has worked all of his life is sort of hard. You ask a man who he is and he will tell you what he does. What are you when you stop doing things? I had a full-time job while I was a Junior in Highschool. Not working was never a thought. I expected to work until I died. My health issues didn't allow for that. I think that this dream was about my feelings about my life as it is and what it should be going forward.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good insight! Also, the truck itself may have represented your body. I have read about vehicles being our bodies, in dreams. Those tools that you don't need to haul around? Well, you figured that out perfectly! BTW, I had to stop working while still in my forties, due to health problems. I had always worked from age 16, so I know that feeling well.

Bringing this thread back up to ask: Have your dreams changed in the last few months? If so, how? Mine have, but I'd like to hear how others may be faring.

I have dreamed of my deceased father for two nights in a row. He was helping me to remove some old ivy from a wall. The way that my dreams have changed in the last few months is that I have difficulty remembering them, whereas before I could remember them very well. A woman at a spiritual workshop once told me that when you can't remember, it's because your soul is doing a lot of work on a higher level than it normally does, and that we can't therefore perceive it as we normally may.

I have dreamed of my deceased father for two nights in a row. He was helping me to remove some old ivy from a wall. The way that my dreams have changed in the last few months is that I have difficulty remembering them, whereas before I could remember them very well. A woman at a spiritual workshop once told me that when you can't remember, it's because your soul is doing a lot of work on a higher level than it normally does, and that we can't therefore perceive it as we normally may.
I seem to have every late relative dropping by for visits lately. I normally have a few, but this is getting ridicules. At least they are passing some good advice along...lol My father was the latest visitor, who "told" me to hang in there as we have a ways to go with the world "challenges". Yes, he used the word challenges...my dad was always one to use understatement in it's finest form.

Haven't had nightmares per say, but have had weird, strange, mystical type stuff the past few months.

I seem to have every late relative dropping by for visits lately. I normally have a few, but this is getting ridicules. At least they are passing some good advice along...lol My father was the latest visitor, who "told" me to hang in there as we have a ways to go with the world "challenges". Yes, he used the word challenges...my dad was always one to use understatement in it's finest form.

Haven't had nightmares per say, but have had weird, strange, mystical type stuff the past few months.
Maybe our relatives are here to help us. I did call out for my father a few nights ago when I was feeling overwhelmed, so maybe he is responding!

I love this theory. I have an important job while I sleep lol.

Bringing this thread back up to ask: Have your dreams changed in the last few months? If so, how? Mine have, but I'd like to hear how others may be faring.
Well I’ll tell one from this morning - when I awoke I immediately though of both you Debi and Lynne. I only recall two specific pieces at this time - both were about apports.

First one was my GF saying that most of the lids from our plastic storage containers have gone missing. I announced that they were apported away by the ghosts and then demanded them back aloud. My GF turned around and with a small flash of light in front of her, the lids started falling out of midair.

Second we awoke (within the dream) to find that the door to our bedroom was missing. The place on the wall where the door used to be was now just more wall and the few pieces of art were slightly moved to try to hide the fact that there might have been a door there before. I told my GF the ghosts must have apported the door too during the night. I told my GF to step out the window onto the roof and call 911 to come get her down while I dealt with returning the door.

Just then our cat jumped up on the bed and woke me. So I don’t know if we have a bedroom door or not at this point.

Well I’ll tell one from this morning - when I awoke I immediately though of both you Debi and Lynne. I only recall two specific pieces at this time - both were about apports.

First one was my GF saying that most of the lids from our plastic storage containers have gone missing. I announced that they were apported away by the ghosts and then demanded them back aloud. My GF turned around and with a small flash of light in front of her, the lids started falling out of midair.

Second we awoke (within the dream) to find that the door to our bedroom was missing. The place on the wall where the door used to be was now just more wall and the few pieces of art were slightly moved to try to hide the fact that there might have been a door there before. I told my GF the ghosts must have apported the door too during the night. I told my GF to step out the window onto the roof and call 911 to come get her down while I dealt with returning the door.

Just then our cat jumped up on the bed and woke me. So I don’t know if we have a bedroom door or not at this point.
Interesting dreams Wands. I don’t know if they have meaning but I’d keep an eye on the Tupperware lol. A door can have a lot of meaning and that one will give you food for thought.