What did you...

Can you elaborate on "Psychic Amplifiers"? I tried to Google it but the links that were showing up are related to video games.
This gives a pretty good overview of how stones/crystals can work to absorb or release and amplify energy.

Some stone can also work as a "stone tape", one that captures energy and actually "plays it back" when it releases that energy.

Reactions: Donna K. and Auras
I think that I may be sort of odd in that I get a sort of sense of connection from the things that I collect. Fishing for example was the one major thing that connected me to my Dad. When we fished together we were friends and that is often a hard thing to do with parents. They have a hard time turning loose and letting you be who you are and stop trying to mold you. What is fine when you are a little boy just won't fly with a man.

We finally had a big blow up and I think that I finally got through to him. Basically, I told him that he wouldn't talk to a skidrow bum like that and then asked him what he would do if someone talked to him like that. I guess he was honest with himself. My Dad was raised up rough. His dad died when he was 7 leaving a wife with two young boys on a farm. They lost the farm and ended up living in the only place that they could afford which was not much and in a part of the small town such that they were about the only white people there.

They never forgot those days or the people they lived around. My Grandmother was encouraged to put her boys in an orphanage and find a new husband. Then maybe she could get them out. She told them to go to hell and that he sons would never be sent away to anyone. They lived poor and she worked hard. She learned bookkeeping and within a few years, they moved to a nicer place. She NEVER forgot how she and her boys were treated both by the more well-to-do people and some family. She also never forgot the many good black people that supported her.

As she moved to better places she sort of became the person that her black friends came to when they needed to borrow money. She would co-sign for them at the bank. Back then banks were not very interested in the business of black folks. She not ONCE got stuck on one of those loans. She refused to marry again until her boys were grown. She waited until they both came home from WW2 to marry my Grandfather.

I started collecting comic books when I was 12 starting with 'The Death of Superman' issue. As a Superman fan from a young age, I collected every title per month (which was about one per week and four in total) and stopped about a year or two later. They were put into storage, but little did I know that I had a most unwanted guest that destroyed most of them - and they were all in either mint or pristine condition.

Reactions: Donna K.

Most kids collect something.
Comic books, animal figurines, rocks, model cars, stamps, coins, baseball cards?

WHAT DID YOU COLLECT AS A KID?

What happened to your collection?
How much might it be worth today?

View attachment 39335
I had a ton of Star Wars trading cards 1st and 2nd edition, which I thought were long gone. A month ago my mother gave me a whole shoebox full of them...still in decent shape. I haven't had them appraised, but it's a decent collection

Reactions: Donna K.