What did it?

I have had clairvoyant experiences all of my life and I guess when I realized that others didn't experience these things was when I knew that the world that I see is not exactly like the world that others see. I learned to just accept what I saw and not doubt myself.

Much of what people see and don't see is based on what they believe and can accept. Children are not yet programmed to ignore the things that our culture teaches CAN'T be real and so see a lot of things that later they only remember as imagined. Because of my clairvoyant experiences that programing just never took root in me. I am not blind to the things in the world that can't be and so just see them and take what I see at face value rather than changing it into an "acceptable" or ignored object.

When I see a falling star I watch it closely to see if it makes a sudden change of direction or STOPS. When I see a shadow I try to see its true shape rather than just dismiss it and look away. What you see and hear is much more filtered and adjusted than you realize. Sounds that you hear all the time that mean nothing gets filtered out to the point that you no longer even "hear" them.

Learning how to see is the difference between day and night in a lot of ways. When I used to hunt I made sure that I didn't LOOK for my prey. When you look for something you place a set of filters on what you will SEE. If you are LOOKING for a deer you imagine how they would look in profile and so your eyes will pass right by a deer that is standing in the bush straight on and looking at you. When you learn to SEE without filters you catch sight of many things that you normally would never see.

You don't want to do this all the time. When you are driving you want to limit what you see and so don't consciously read every sign and catch the license plate number of every car that passes you. You need to focus on your driving and be alert for things that might threaten you. Over time this becomes instinctive or you become one of those people that has aa lot of wrecks. Kids have to learn how to do this and that is why they are so easily distracted. As an adult learning how to turn the filters off is even harder than it was for children to learn how and when to put them up.

When I was little I couldn't understand why others, especially adults were so blind. My Ah HA moment was when I realized that they weren't blind, they really could not see the things that I did. They could not even think about the things that I could. So many things they rejected before it ever reached their conscious mind and so were blind and deaf to the fascinating oddities that are there but are filtered out. Adults work hard to see through the fog while I was looking AT the fog to see what it was doing and shaping. As close to this as SOME adults can get is to look at clouds and see a little more than just the cloud itself.

Some of what kids see that adults dismiss as "imagination" may just be things that they have not yet been taught to filter out.

This wasn't totally on-topic but it is my poor attempt at describing how and why I see and hear some of the things that I do that most others don't...other than just admitting that I am crazy.

I was a believer at an early age, due to the fact that my family was always experiencing strange activity wherever we happened to be living at the time.

One experience that stands out happened when I was a single parent, and my daughter was about five years old. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to visit the bathroom. When I was about to go back into my bedroom, I saw my cat standing in the doorway, ears flattened, and staring at something in the room. Being half asleep, I thought maybe a large moth had gotten in, or some other insect. But then it struck me that if it were an insect, she would surely have gone after it. I entered my room and started to get back into bed, when I noticed an odd glow coming from the corner of the bedroom where my exercise bike was.

There was a man kneeling there, next to the bike. I could see through him. I remember he had on a pair of dark pants, a windbreaker of a lighter color, and a white shirt. He was smiling. I screamed and tore out of there in a panic, ran into my daughter's bedroom and sat there, not knowing what to do. My cat continued to stare at it. I ended up staying in my daughter's room until the sun came up.

Cats see EVERYTHING!!!! I always pay attention when Jerry is glaring at something on the ceiling or wall that I can't see. He is seeing something because it is evidently moving because his eyes and head ar tracking something. Some times, even though I can't see anything, I can "FEEL" something.

Last edited:
Cat see EVERYTHING!!!! I always pay attention when Jerry is glaring at something on the ceiling or wall that I can't see. He is seeing something because it is evidently moving because his eyes and head ar tracking something. Some times, even though I can't see anything, I can "FEEL" something.
So true! It was only much later that I learned that when your cat is staring, there is definitely something there. Even more cool, I recently read a theory that said that when the cat is staring like that, the cat is trapping the entity in their aura so it can't do anything else.

You know, now that I read that, that stare is the same one that a cat uses to freeze its prey. I have seen Jerry freeze and do that stare and then sloooooly ease forward never breaking that stare and then suddenly pounce. He likes to catch mice, bugs, and such but then he turns them loose. His Mama, a tiny Yorkie terrier, disapproves of that and has tried to teach him to kill the mice but he won't do it. He is a lover, not a killer.

You know, now that I read that, that stare is the same one that a cat uses to freeze its prey. I have seen Jerry freeze and do that stare and then sloooooly ease forward never breaking that stare and then suddenly pounce. He likes to catch mice, bugs, and such but then he turns them loose. His Mama, a tiny Yorkie terrier, disapproves of that and has tried to teach him to kill the mice but he won't do it. He is a lover, not a killer.
Aw, that's cute!

Reactions: Debi
Jerry is a funny cat. I got him when he was 6 weeks old and my Yorkie adopted him immediately. She was so excited about him that she started making milk for him and I thought for a while that I was going to have to separate them to get her to wean him. He was still nursing when she could walk under him. She is a very tiny Yorkie. He is a very social animal and has never met a stranger. He reminds me of a Teenage boy when he comes in the house Mama has to run over and give him sugar. He tolerates it but lifts his head as high as he can and you can just hear him Whining "Aw Mom, don't do that. I'm too big for kisses in front of people!!!" He is my first cat and has not been anything like I had expected.

Jerry is a funny cat. I got him when he was 6 weeks old and my Yorkie adopted him immediately. She was so excited about him that she started making milk for him and I thought for a while that I was going to have to separate them to get her to wean him. He was still nursing when she could walk under him. She is a very tiny Yorkie. He is a very social animal and has never met a stranger. He reminds me of a Teenage boy when he comes in the house Mama has to run over and give him sugar. He tolerates it but lifts his head as high as he can and you can just hear him Whining "Aw Mom, don't do that. I'm too big for kisses in front of people!!!" He is my first cat and has not been anything like I had expected.
He sounds adorable!

Reactions: Debi
I don't know, honestly, I think I have always had an open mind to things, thought many things could be possible so any skepticism was probably more at individual claims rather than whether that possibility actually existed. a lot of claims of abilities run in waves. the "flavor of the month" so to speak, or the media or paranormal world will bring forth an idea or theory and all of a sudden theres a rush of ppl claiming they are this or that.....see it all the time with the dark stuff. .. not that I automatically don't believe ppl or what they claim, but I will take into consideration what is big at the moment or what the media may be focusing on at the time....and go from there.

Reactions: ozentity
I don't know, honestly, I think I have always had an open mind to things, thought many things could be possible so any skepticism was probably more at individual claims rather than whether that possibility actually existed. a lot of claims of abilities run in waves. the "flavor of the month" so to speak, or the media or paranormal world will bring forth an idea or theory and all of a sudden theres a rush of ppl claiming they are this or that.....see it all the time with the dark stuff. .. not that I automatically don't believe ppl or what they claim, but I will take into consideration what is big at the moment or what the media may be focusing on at the time....and go from there.
Oh, I know what you mean! Like Indigo children, or something.

Reactions: Paulm