What Are Your Thoughts About Atlantis?

JohnHermes

Reaction score
I've been reading up on Atlantis lately. Here's a quote I want to share from Manly P. Hall.

"From a careful consideration of Plato's description of Atlantis it is evident that the story should not be regarded as wholly historical but rather as both allegorical and historical. Origen, Porphyry, Proclus, Iamblichus, and Syrianus realized that the story concealed a profound philosophical mystery, but they disagreed as to the actual interpretation. Plato's Atlantis symbolizes the threefold nature of both the universe and the human body. The ten kings of Atlantis are the tetractys, or numbers, which are born as five pairs of opposites. (Consult Theon of Smyrna for the Pythagorean doctrine of opposites.) The numbers 1 to 10 rule every creature, and the numbers, in turn, are under the control of the Monad, or 1--the Eldest among them.
The mythologies of many nations contain accounts of gods who "came out of the sea." Certain shamans among the American Indians tell of holy men dressed in birds' feathers and wampum who rose out of the blue waters and instructed them in the arts and crafts. Among the legends of the Chaldeans is that of Oannes, a partly amphibious creature who came out of the sea and taught the savage peoples along the shore to read and write, till the soil, cultivate herbs for healing, study the stars, establish rational forms of government, and become conversant with the sacred Mysteries. Among the Mayas, Quetzalcoatl, the Savior-God (whom some Christian scholars believe to have been St. Thomas), issued from the waters and, after instructing the people in the essentials of civilization, rode out to sea on a magic raft of serpents to escape the wrath of the fierce god of the Fiery Mirror, Tezcatlipoca." -Manly P Hall

Reactions: Benway
Excellent topic. I do believe there was such a place. Within all tall tales is a kernal of truth, imo. I know there are several here more familiar with the Atlantis legend than me, so I will await their input.

Reactions: JohnHermes
That's one of the beliefs. Supposedly dark sorcery was taking place causing lava bedding beneath the ocean floor, dooming Atlantis.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
That's one of the beliefs. Supposedly dark sorcery was taking place causing lava bedding beneath the ocean floor, dooming Atlantis.
I'll add here that I remember Edgar Cayce had a lot to say about Atlantis as well. I need to go find a few facts and add them on to this thread.

I do think it existed as well as other pre"historic" civilizations. Many prophets and archeologists alike study the ancient texts and they point to other civilizations before them being destroyed by great cataclysm. Specifically when 2 suns were depicted in our solar system. Then the black sun left and it caused violent changes to earth. Then the moon was put into place by ET, and it is used to project waves of energy towards the earth that keeps us blinded to our higher senses. Further that Saturn and it's rings also play a role in this treachery. Which I think is giving weight by the massive amounts of star ships photographed at Saturn that NASA acknowledges.

Reactions: JohnHermes
It is more than quite the coincidence that many of our ancient civilizations or our "first" civilizations depict the same thing:
  1. Extraterrestrial beings coming down in multiple crafts and teaching knowledge
  2. Instructed to give ET gold
  3. Speaks of past humans living longer, being giants, psychic ability, increased knowledge, knowledge of advanced technology
  4. Massive Planetary movements result in catastrophe
  5. Catastrophe ceases our psychic ability for some reason and destroys previously built advanced civilizations (Atlantis)