What are your biggest pet peeves of all time?

In general, my biggest annoyance is people that KNOW almost nothing, THINK they know it all, and want to tell me how to do the job that I have managed to do quite well without their assistance for several decades! I have walked off of several jobs over that. If they knew how to fix their washer, dryer, freezer... then why did they call me and pay me a 50 dollar service call and another 50 dollars an hour to do something that took me about 15 or 20 minutes to fix.

Bad drivers, rude people, people who don't listen, too much plastic in supermarkets, people who get up early and make so much noise that they wake everyone else up, "serious" science programmes that are so dumbed down they have to do a recap every 5 minutes, people trying to use big words but using the wrong words instead, poor grammar....

Honestly, my list could go on forever! :tearsofjoy:

I'm not that grumpy really.....must have just got out of the bed the wrong side this morning!

Reactions: Lone Wolf
I'm glad everyone is having fun with this thread but here's another for me - fake and insincere people. At the end of the day, they don't care about you but only what you can do for them. Givers not takers. They'll have the most 'heartfelt' apologies they can muster but there's never any truth behind it.

Reactions: Lynne and RoseRed
As I've gotten older I have gotten good about shedding the people that are like that Lone Wolf. I have a lot fewer "friends" than I did when I was younger but the ones that I have are TRUE friends and like family to me.

Also, I don't do as much for people as I did when I was younger. It seems sometimes like the more you do for someone the less that they like you. Maybe they don't like to feel like they owe you anything. I never helped anyone with any expectation of them owing me anything.

Reactions: Lone Wolf