What are you planning?

BENWAY!! LOVE YOU LONG TIME! jad. :0)
Jadz! Long time no talk. I have to drop into live chat again soon. Pesky daytime wakefulness! I need a run at day sleeping , but I'm trying to do things. Soon though I hope, this normal hours stuff is for the birds! (Apart from owls, who I prefer to take after. Or nightingales if there's karaoki or open mic. :))

The rest of this year will be spent getting the house ready to put on the market in the fall, pre-retirement. I plan on doing a lot of kayaking however, with the first trip of the season scheduled for a week from today.

Fish, BBQ, and Lounge in the pool during the day. Campfires, star gazing, and reading at night.
Oh Tex you have a pool!! I miss having one.

As for me, I just spend as much time outside as possible. When I am not with the horse or doing yard work. I like to spin yarn on my porch. I don’t have any big plans.

What? I'm not planning nothing! I'm just whistling innocently minding my business, which is entirely legitimate!
Oh! For summer! I'm mostly just hoping to never again experience a hell like last summer's heatwave. It used to be my favourite time of year but after that torment (it was hotter in the early hours of the morning than a hot summer's day in my childhood and no air con here; I had tubs of ice behind a fan which had to be constantly refreshed, windows covered in foil and the bathtub always full of cold (relatively speaking) water to plunge into often and was still suffering all the time. I I barely slept as I monitored the temperature inside and out to time window opening and closing - in the communal parts of the building too - in a desperate attempt to reduce the heat in here. I grew up in a cool climate and have no ability to cope with this.) I'm traumatised. I need this year to be okay again. That is all. Plans are emergency insulation for windows and an extra electric fan, or maybe even blowing my money fleeing north to some random place if it happens again. It's too soon after that to look forward to it.
I didn't say how hot, because I thought that being so far north that much of the US would have hotter temperatures, but after some research, it turns out that it was hot by any measure. So it was 100 degrees F in the afternoon, and less half way up England and more like a hot day in Arizona and was around there for days. There was a picture in the news of a railway sign that melted! So not just me, it was HOT!

Sox games, Bears training camp is sorta close by.
Hit little white ball. Get madder than Yosemite Sam.
Home improvement. My house and the TV show.
Oh! Right. I glanced at that and thought 'sex games'? 'Bear training camp??' 'Murder Yosemite Sam???'
Reading it properly, it makes so much more sense now. I need glasses. It did sound like a pretty wild summer though. ;bg3