What are you grateful for today?

1. Other peoples perspectives. I saw a 19 y.o. boy cry today (in a good way) because of other peoples perspective.(Ok, that's a fancy word so I hope it's the right one ...point of view?) It was in class and the last thing we done was a paper exercise. Everyone had a large sheet of paper with their name on it. Everybody then has 40 seconds to write what they think of you. I was dreading it for one. Anyway, afterwards Wee Yin (the 19 y.o. baby of the group) needed a lot of persuading to read his and when he did he cried. It's because we all had nothing but praise for him and he thought we just tolerated him, see him as an irritation, think he's worthless etc. So it made him cry to see that we think he is kind, thoughtful, intelligent, funny and a joy. He grew up in the care system and has always been boisterous so was always being told what an irritation he is. He also got moved around so much he grew up thinking he must be worthless coz nobody wanted to keep him. We were shocked how little he thinks of himself and I'm glad everyone had a good different perspective to give him.

2. Sneaky tutors. We got asked today, as it's Friday, if we would be willing to forego our breaks and do extra homework for the chance to knock off two hours early ... before we had a chance to respond, he made it clear the deal comes with a bribe ... chocolate donuts and cake.

3. College. I hardly done any schooling and I'm learning a lot. I do frequently need to ask the tutor what words mean, like salubrious. And then I take the mikey out of him for being a show off, just coz you got a degree etc. But now I want to do more education. Wanting to go to school, I must be mad.

4. I'm sorry if y'all are sick of hearing this one but ... all of you wonderful people. I'm learning a lot from all of you and just love being here.

I'm grateful that the cat and the kitten really like each other. This could have been a disaster for me and Hank Aaron.
All credit should go to Shoeless Jo being a friendly kitten, and Aaron having such a sweet temperament.
20191129_102045.jpg
This was taken a moment ago and yes she is all arms and legs right now:)

I am grateful that I didn't give in to dark urges today, but am really in a bad place mentally right now.

Reactions: Benway