What’s the hottest temperature the human body can endure?

That explains why I could handle the high temps in Summer out west where there is low humidity. I've been on the coast almost a year with lower temps and can't handle it. Moving back to the bush next week :relieved:.

That explains why I could handle the high temps in Summer out west where there is low humidity. I've been on the coast almost a year with lower temps and can't handle it. Moving back to the bush next week :relieved:.
Wow you are moving back! Did you keep your old place?

Reactions: ozentity
The extreme heat across the country is scary.

Wow you are moving back! Did you keep your old place?
I sold my old place, I found in the selling process it had no occupancy rights or council approval :eek: but the buyer still bought it luckily. I have sold here on the coast recently and moving back out west onto 25 acres, with a legitimate cabin on it this time, lol. Can't wait to get back to the bush.

I guess it is determined a lot by where you were raised and what you consider a "normal" hot summer day. I was raised in a hot swamp type of climate in South East Texas. 95+ and 100% humidity was just situation normal in August and early September. It was boiling hot and sweat just got you wet. there were no air conditioners in the Schools and the only fan allowed was over the teacher's desk. School was miserable until about the middle of October.

I remember trying to write on paper that was soggy and soaked with sweat that was dripping off my face. I guess it may be hotter in some places now than it used to be but in Texas, it was always hot and isn't any different than it ever was EXCEPT kids these days are pampered and used to air conditioning 24-7. We didn't have AC at home back then so we were not expecting to never sweat. Back then after supper, we went outside until the house cooled off. Everyone did this and the adults usually got together and watched us kids play.

Yes, it was hot but in some ways, it was better than it is now. People got to know their neighbors and we were a lot like a huge extended family. As a kid, it was like having 6 or 7 moms keeping an eye on you ALL the time.