What’s in my house?

Catlord

Reaction score
So, myself and my roommate have lived in an upstairs unit in a fourplex for close to 8 months now. I’ve never been a strong believer in the paranormal, having been raised religious and due to negative experiences in that having shied away from the metaphysical as a whole. However, what we have seen in that house has made me question my lack of belief.

My roommate, henceforth referred to as J, says he’s had experiences like I’m about to describe since he was young. He’s always had a feeling that something has been following him, and has seen movement and figures in dark rooms, but only when he’s been alone. After moving, he says he felt something in his room, and has seen a dark figure sitting hunched over in the corner. We smoke a lot of weed, and the kid has done a lot of drugs, so I kind of dismissed it as being a result of something along those lines. However, he had a short term girlfriend (I’ll call her A), who has had similar experiences and says she’s seen/sensed the presence in the room too. Again, I kind of played this off as two people creating a shared delusion because of coincidentally shared experiences. However, something happened two nights ago that I cannot explain without acknowledging the existence of something in our home.

Like I said, we smoke a lot of pot, and recently got a new piece of glassware. I got a little too excited, and a lot too high. I was sitting on the couch with the kitchen to my right. It’s a sectional, so there’s another segment of couch with the back towards said kitchen. J was sitting on the same part as I was, and three other people were sitting on the other, including my other roommate, T, who becomes important later. I’ve never really had any paranormal experiences (save for once when I was a child where our upright piano played itself, but that was about ten years ago), so I was willing to blame what I saw on just being way too high. My vision was blurred and starting to spin, and I was largely just focusing on not throwing up when I saw a dark figure run behind the other side of the couch. J told me yesterday that he looked over and my eyes looked ready to pop out of my head, but again, he figured I was just greening out. However, I mentioned what I saw to him last night, joking about how I must be going crazy, and he looked at me and said “Wait, you saw it too?” He apparently saw the same thing, and was able to recall details about what was happening at the time, so he obviously wasn’t just playing off of what I saw. I think whatever was in the house knew we were talking about it, because about ten minutes later T walked out of his room and said that he felt like someone was watching him in there and that it was freaking him out.

Another more minor but still related event happened the same night as I saw the figure. It’s important to note that A is now (essentially, it’s complicated) dating T (small town, small group of friends). I messaged her and told her what happened, and she told me that T has felt like something was watching him ever since she left for a family trip (she usually stays with him at our place). If the entity is in his room, it kind of changes how I view what happened earlier in the evening, prior to my getting stoned. I had had a bad day and was feeling anxious, and often when that happens I’ll go sit with him in his room and talk for a while. However, when I walked in it was like my brain hit a brick wall. I stopped midway through a sentence, turned around, and started to walk out before he called me back, obviously confused as to what the hell I was doing. I went back and sat down to talk to him, but the whole time had this oppressive feeling like I needed to get out of that room. I don’t know if that’s related, but J went into that room last night and said something in there felt wrong. He also says he hasn’t felt the presence in his room for a while, which lines up with A leaving.

Obviously, this is all very strange for me. I don’t know what the presence is, though we’re not too concerned about it given it seems to mind it’s own business, and aside from occasional visuals isn’t really noticeable. I don’t know if you guys might have any insight, but whatever you’ve got is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. So did all these things take place while under the influence of cannabis? One story here caught my eye when both of you saw the same thing at the same time. What did these things look like?

Welcome to the forum. So did all these things take place while under the influence of cannabis? One story here caught my eye when both of you saw the same thing at the same time. What did these things look like?

Not all of them. For J it’s happened while he’s sober, A doesn’t smoke pot or anything at all. I’ve personally only seen it stoned (I chalk it up to just being pretty blind to this stuff unless I’m in a more “open minded” state), though there have been a couple of instances where I’ve felt like I wasn’t alone in the house when I’ve been completely sober. As for what it looks like, it’s essentially just a shadowy humanoid figure. From the glance I caught of it it looks fairly short, roughly the same height as me (give or take a couple inches) and I’m only about 5’ 2”. It moved so quickly I couldn’t see much more than that. It may be unimportant, but I’ve personally always thought of it as a he, though I don’t know if there’s any grounding to that. I’ll ask the roommate for more details after work. He may know a bit more, having seen it a couple times prior to this. (Also, thank you for the welcome).

Reactions: Charleh
Could be shadow people. I’ve seen them before. Just not short.

Reactions: Catlord
Having done some reading, shadow people (or rather a shadow person, J is pretty sure it’s been the same entity following him for years) makes sense. Except for the size, I suppose, but I guess it makes sense that there are very few constant norms when it comes to the paranormal. It also kind of puts a weird perspective on something that happened back in the fall. We were walking home from a late night gas station munchie run, and it being a small town the roads were dead quiet. We were approaching the turn that leads up to our house, which is on top of a hill. We were at the bottom of said hill, and I was hit with this wave of sheer terror. I looked up and just briefly saw two tall, shadowy figures on top of the hill. One of them could (maybe, the placement seemed off) be explained away by a stop sign silhouetted on the side of the road, but the other I have no explanation for. Thank you for your insight. Gonna do a lot of reading now. If we’re gonna have company might as well do the polite thing and get to know them haha.

Reactions: 7Critter
Having done some reading, shadow people (or rather a shadow person, J is pretty sure it’s been the same entity following him for years) makes sense. Except for the size, I suppose, but I guess it makes sense that there are very few constant norms when it comes to the paranormal. It also kind of puts a weird perspective on something that happened back in the fall. We were walking home from a late night gas station munchie run, and it being a small town the roads were dead quiet. We were approaching the turn that leads up to our house, which is on top of a hill. We were at the bottom of said hill, and I was hit with this wave of sheer terror. I looked up and just briefly saw two tall, shadowy figures on top of the hill. One of them could (maybe, the placement seemed off) be explained away by a stop sign silhouetted on the side of the road, but the other I have no explanation for. Thank you for your insight. Gonna do a lot of reading now. If we’re gonna have company might as well do the polite thing and get to know them haha.
Uhhhhh...... get to understand what they are. Don’t get comfortable with them though. They are considered pure evil. If you’re lucky, their only intention is to watch you and make their presence known. But they have assaulted people before. And infiltrated dreams.

Reactions: Lynne
Uhhhhh...... get to understand what they are. Don’t get comfortable with them though. They are considered pure evil. If you’re lucky, their only intention is to watch you and make their presence known. But they have assaulted people before. And infiltrated dreams.

Yeah no, definitely no intention of getting comfortable with it/them. Just hoping to understand what’s going on to some degree. Misguided humour is a bit of a coping mechanism for worry I guess.

Yeah no, definitely no intention of getting comfortable with it/them. Just hoping to understand what’s going on to some degree. Misguided humour is a bit of a coping mechanism for worry I guess.
Ooh I’m well acquainted with that coping mechanism, don’t worry :D

Have you taken any precautions or protective measures yet?

Reactions: Catlord
Ooh I’m well acquainted with that coping mechanism, don’t worry :D

Have you taken any precautions or protective measures yet?

I’d like to, but have no damn clue where to start on that front. Like I said, this is all new to me and I’d be calling bull if I hadn’t seen so much myself or had so many things line up with no explanation outside the paranormal. Any advice you may have would be amazing.

I’d like to, but have no damn clue where to start on that front. Like I said, this is all new to me and I’d be calling bull if I hadn’t seen so much myself or had so many things line up with no explanation outside the paranormal. Any advice you may have would be amazing.
Well, you can start off with doing everything in your power to not give in to the fear. They feed off of any negativity they can get.

Do you believe in the power of prayer? This is a prayer that quite a few members including myself have tried. The St. Michael prayer.

“St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..”

If you’re of the Christian faith, you can invoke the name of God or Jesus, to command it to leave. Or whichever deity you follow.

For some reason they don’t always respond or react to the name of God, or your faith. But it’s something that can protect you nonetheless.

Reactions: 7Critter