Whale Vomit worth a fortune!

This was a new one on me. I will have to look into how this is used. If I knew whale vomit was in my perfume , I might rethink it ! ;vo

Reactions: Paulm
To each their own, but I'd wager a bet that a lot of people would think long, hard and twice before buying perfume or anything else with ambergris as a key ingredient if they were aware of where it had come from.

To each their own, but I'd wager a bet that a lot of people would think long, hard and twice before buying perfume or anything else with ambergris as a key ingredient if they were aware of where it had come from.
I’m going to check my bottles now. I’m thinking they must use a very small amount.

Ambergris has been mostly known for its use in creating perfume and fragrance much like musk. Perfumes can still be found with ambergris. Ambergris has historically been used in food and drink. ... Ancient Egyptians burned ambergris as incense, while in modern Egypt ambergris is used for scenting cigarettes.

I wonder what gave people the idea to use it in the first place for these things !

Reactions: 7Critter
Ambergris has been mostly known for its use in creating perfume and fragrance much like musk. Perfumes can still be found with ambergris. Ambergris has historically been used in food and drink. ... Ancient Egyptians burned ambergris as incense, while in modern Egypt ambergris is used for scenting cigarettes.

I wonder what gave people the idea to use it in the first place for these things !
That's fascinating. But I wonder the food and drink it's used in.

Ambergris has been used for more than just perfume, however. Early Arab civilisations named it anbar and used it as incense, an aphrodisiac and medicine to cure many ailments, including those of the brain, heart and senses.

Reactions: 7Critter