Were you...

It's a good thing I like to watch an old soap called Prisoner Cell Block H, (set in Australia) because I know what "skint" means. I have learned a lot of cool Aussie slang from that show!
It was just called "Prisoner" here and I watched it for years.There is a modern version called "Wentworth". Probably most old Aussie slang isn't spoken much now but I'm a bit old fashioned lol.

We had the nicest fake tree Ive ever seen. We had real trees for awhile with the root bulb still there but man they were dirty. That actually worked until we had three trees growing in the back yard that didnt match the landscape at all. They went to the local hardware store and got a beautiful fake tree that lasted many years. I still remember that white shiny multicolored 7foot tall expensive tree all lit up with all my early sixties war gear under it.Those days will never return . My favorite was the mighty Moe cannon. It lasted until I started waiting for my cousins to come though the door to the house where they were treated to a humangous plastic ball fired by the mighty Moe.I was always a good shot so they took it back . Actually I dont know what they did with it but I know it dissapeared and I would have too if I would have continued my little Indian antics

Some new designs this year...

129243804_2762251574029027_3291272927529859933_n.jpg
128836696_3669223329782751_6876167324619199749_n.jpg

It's a good thing I like to watch an old soap called Prisoner Cell Block H, (set in Australia) because I know what "skint" means. I have learned a lot of cool Aussie slang from that show!
Ha! We use "skint" here in the UK as well :D

Reactions: garnetsilver
When I was growing up my parents always got a real tree, complete with that wonderful smell and the dropping needles. For some reason (the needles!) one year, they stopped getting a real one and got a fake one instead, which gets trotted out every year now. It's just not the same and I feel betrayed! :D

Reactions: garnetsilver