Were you...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
And which do you prefer?

128835164_4689922851078233_3510572526455088573_n.jpg

Real tree, for sure! There was nothing like that exciting, spicy smell of pine needles, and the excitement of watching it go up in our living room. When I became a single parent, I reluctantly started using the same fake tree every year, but my daughter loved it anyway.

Real tree, for sure! There was nothing like that exciting, spicy smell of pine needles, and the excitement of watching it go up in our living room. When I became a single parent, I reluctantly started using the same fake tree every year, but my daughter loved it anyway.
We always had a real tree. In fact, sometimes two if the needles fell off the first one! lol There was a Xmas tree lot in my hometown, and they had "reindeer" in a pen for petting. It was always a big deal to go pick out that year's tree.

However, I had an "aunt", (one of mom's friends), who was the plastic cover over the furniture kind of woman, who always had this fascinating metal one that was all silver and sparkled! lol As a child, I was in awe. The white furniture in the room with the sparkling metal tree with the purple ornaments was always a must see as a kid.

We always had a real tree. In fact, sometimes two if the needles fell off the first one! lol There was a Xmas tree lot in my hometown, and they had "reindeer" in a pen for petting. It was always a big deal to go pick out that year's tree.

However, I had an "aunt", (one of mom's friends), who was the plastic cover over the furniture kind of woman, who always had this fascinating metal one that was all silver and sparkled! lol As a child, I was in awe. The white furniture in the room with the sparkling metal tree with the purple ornaments was always a must see as a kid.
I have to admit that despite my love for real trees, I have always been fascinated by the silver or white ones. There is a catalog that I get that sells both the silver, and the white fake trees, with a color wheel.

Reactions: Lynne
Oh jeezer the color wheel - the one with four plastic sections! I loved that thing.

My family had real trees.
The vintage 60s color wheels were really hot back maybe 20 years ago, going for upwards of $100. Now they can be had for about half that.

Those were used alot back in the late 60s/early 70s as a light show on the cheap by local rock bands.

Always real trees, the pine smell always reminds me of Christmas. I remember being skint one Christmas when the kids were little,I used to take them to a single parents,kids play group. Luckily there was a pine forest nearby so I cut about a dozen and gave them to the mums. I don't consider it stealing, I only cut the runty trees and they made Christmas nice for the poorer families,plus all the single mums gave me a kiss lol.

Always real trees, the pine smell always reminds me of Christmas. I remember being skint one Christmas when the kids were little,I used to take them to a single parents,kids play group. Luckily there was a pine forest nearby so I cut about a dozen and gave them to the mums. I don't consider it stealing, I only cut the runty trees and they made Christmas nice for the poorer families,plus all the single mums gave me a kiss lol.
It's a good thing I like to watch an old soap called Prisoner Cell Block H, (set in Australia) because I know what "skint" means. I have learned a lot of cool Aussie slang from that show!