Well...

Donna K.

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Tonight's musing is "Dam*t Einstein"! Time... in general.. and then relatively.. and both are a pain in my a*s. Of course, Tonight is actually now Morning. We have fallen back and sprung forward and apparently are so stupid as to need that little ditty to remind us which way to turn the clock... I spent all these long weeks waiting on a part I needed to bring my laptop back into existence and more weeks finding the part that time forgot. Which leads me to this exact "point in time" which is not... a point apparently but an illusion of a point... and time... for that matter. However, when dealing with Einstein - I owe him a solid for this

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-Images.jpg23.jpg

Because I feel less ostracized for fighting to get this machine UP and RUNNING long long LONG after the masses (including the experts at whatever) quit laughing and started getting pis**d.

Meanwhile back at the bunkhouse - like Debi say's somewhere in here - I began picking up BOOKS again. Can you guess what I have been (attempting to) read (again)? Well, actually the "reading" of said book/s is not the problem... The problem is

1413044738-albert_einstein_on_understanding.jpg

So many long cold days arguing the concepts with... well... myself. Waiting for a point in time that doesn't exist to (either actually) figure out how to formulate a plan of offense using a 'concept' instead of a solid to attack a mindset that immediately say's uhhhh no that isn't possible because - it's OLD... and nothing will work and buy a NEW ONE idiot... by explaining it simply as I want THIS just because... do you carry that or anything vaguely LIKE that? then send it -

Because you see - theoretically I can SEE a concept that MIGHT ... but it's pretty 'not mathematically sound' vague and fuzzy visually but hey!

Einstein-Quotes-13.jpg

And... here we are.

So today, or yesterday... or tomorrow???

c2bcfedd4c3cdccc1f137f5f248c3134.jpg48.jpg11.jpg

Just as I am ready to plug up the machine (and it looks like a Carroll Electric Co sub-station in my living room) and SEE what happens... there's a knock at the door. It's Grumpy Hillbilly Guy to check on my wood situation and he's brought an old friend if I don't care to let them in and so of course cool and then they come in and I'm saying sit anywhere but not there or there or there woahhhh don't kick the extension cord plugged up to the extension cord plugged up to the breaker bar - cool cool yeah just sit right here (2x2 old milk crate) and grumpy hillbilly guy took one look and back outside to his chain saw... and I'm INVESTED ya know? :eyes::eyes:o_O

And the guy says "could I ask you what your doing?" In hill talk that's "would it be an intrusion to your privacy manners" and I says "well, you could." which is hill talk for don't expect much of an answer that you'd find satisfying" So he does and I do and it''s simple question simple answer and dude doesn't even blink but nods his head and starts lookin over the operation... and I say (big big deep deep breath) watch out now - never know - keep your feet back and turn the dang thing on... which you are now witnessing. But THAT'S not the amazing part... of all this musing

THIS is the amazing part

We sit and talk for a few minutes and a few give and takes and low and behold the guy has a PHD in Theoretical Physics with Quantum his favorite subject and I HAVE AN HONEST TO GOD REAL BOY TO TALK TO!!!!

1743924895-5a8f043cb94bfe17fcd346374508c5fc.jpg44.jpg

Missed you guys.

Missed you guys.
We have missed you too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It made me chuckle. I had a dream this morning about how technology is changing so much that I got scared of my surroundings; I didn't recognize where I was. I hope that you and your newly repaired computer become friends and everything fits well with you two.

It's a throw away world aint it... Time is an illusion and we just abuse the c*ap out of the thing. lol I'm not poor... 2/3rds of the world exist on a bowl of rice a day - I am hmmmm .... financially challenged with priorities.. brahahhahaa... Just wait until the jaws drop when I ask for a controller for a Play Station 3. Dude, they're gonna stroke.

It's a throw away world aint it... Time is an illusion and we just abuse the c*ap out of the thing. lol I'm not poor... 2/3rds of the world exist on a bowl of rice a day - I am hmmmm .... financially challenged with priorities.. brahahhahaa... Just wait until the jaws drop when I ask for a controller for a Play Station 3. Dude, they're gonna stroke.
Ebay or some similar service can be your best friend when you need replacement parts for older technology.

Ebay is where I am headed for that controller lol... The laptop was a matter of adapting different stuff to make a whole... I'm no tech wizard... I'm no tech wizard apprentice for that matter... but I do tend to form a rather hmmm - oh heck - affinity for my machines. (don't tell them I call them that) :speaknoevil: IF I invest I'm all in and I get to know them out of curiosity. They become comfortable and familiar like a old pair of slippers... I know logically that eventually there will be a end but man I hate to toss them...

I am a red dirt girl. A mostly un-supervised red dirt girl. I spent many hours in my early teens in a dusty, smelly, hot, old billiard hall, hiding out from truant officer's and 'others'... You know - billiards tables, domino's in the corners, old-timers during the day who spit many a tobacco wad on my shoes but never once gave me up - didn't talk to me but I was learning. NO 8 BALL sissy stuff played there. lololol By the time I ventured cross country at the ripe old age of 15 I could run the table at pool more often then not cause it was 8 ball. But the real reason I could beat the best of them was... No one ever told me this or that was an impossible shot... no one talked to me about rules or laws of physics or the game period. No one spoke to me at all. These old men weren't my teachers or mentor's or had any want to be so there was no lectures on which pool cue I should be using or if my arm needed to be lower/higher or to hit low or bigh or spin this way or that for best leave or or... I observed out of boredom and IF I ever was allowed a table it was just me and I just shot. And I was GOOD... loved it... And out in the world I Never cheated. ALWAYS CALLED MY POCKET... and was always humble in taking their money when the only way to get a table was to lay the money on the corner.

Then one day as it always is... some fool decided he'd just PROVE to me why the shot I'd just made was impossible so cheating in it's own way... and spent a whole bunch of time teaching me geometry, And suddenly I was strategy instead of instinct and my game was gone forever. 'sigh'

The moral of the story I just rambled out is... NEVER tell a red dirt girl it's not possible because until you do she'll fly or die by her own rules... and be happy with it. Also, I aint paying for another game system EVER... it's ridiculous and I don't use the one I have, it was my boys, EXCEPT for Spiro. The original. Which I still have in mint condition. I like to pull that out every once in a once... but I stepped on my controller and stuff went everywhere. And I know a dead thing when I kill it. lololololol

Missed you too!

And you have no clue how much I needed this post today. Thanks for the smile and the laugh! But above all, the truth of it all.
And I needed to be here - home - which is why I blasted everyone with words... lolol Adult conversation and FAMILY that puts up with this one who is an old woman arriving at the Door to Debi's House and a Child as soon as she steps across the Threshold.... saying Mom Mom Mom and running here and there invading everyone's space and talking a mile a minute. ;oct

Can imagine what someone would say when i bring out my old Tandy puter lol.

Reactions: Debi